Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sorting forum at least for docs

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Your choice sub?
    To be honest, I dont care too much either way - just do whatever you prefer. Redirects or no redirects is fine with me.

Personally I think we should just merge the documentation forums, and just have the one 'Documentation' forum with all posts in the one place, just like we 'wishlist' and 'hardware' etc. These forums have been working out just great. I doubt you're going to getting anyone posting about GBPVR in the Documentation forum, or anybody looking for old GBPVR documentation, so it's not going matter if this info is there as ancient posts.

@ sub

excuse me but steeb is on one of his missions...

You do not care either way?

Well if you don't care about this why should we bother?

Fundamentally you win, again. Of course, it is your software.

To be honest that is maybe an issue?

Can you not see that maybe the documentation stuff may have a bearing on NextPVR?

I am too tired to converse/argue. I will also concede that the 2 threads should now be combined into docs. But am so pleased we managed to split the 2 wiki's into GB-PVR and NextPVR!

cheers

steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

@ sub

excuse me but steeb is on one of his missions...

You do not care either way?

Well if you don't care about this why should we bother?
    You're miss-interpretting my response. I'm really just saying I dont have a strong opinion one way or the other on whether your should use redirects or no redirects, and I'm happy to leave it up to you to decide.

As an alternative, I suggested we could instead just merge the different documentation forums. I think that would be cleaner. I see the Documentation forum is pretty much yours though, so I'm not going to do that unless you think it's the right thing to do.

Fundamentally you win, again. Of course, it is your software.

To be honest that is maybe an issue?

Can you not see that maybe the documentation stuff may have a bearing on NextPVR?

I am too tired to converse/argue. I will also concede that the 2 threads should now be combined into docs. But am so pleased we managed to split the 2 wiki's into GB-PVR and NextPVR!
    I'm not saying I dont care about documentation. I'm just saying I dont care about some of the trivial details of the how the forum is used in the documentation section. I'm very pleased with the wiki's, and that there is a separate NextPVR wiki etc. The documentation forum serves a different purpose though, and is more about discussion about how to improve the docs, short-comings in certain areas of the docs, asking wiki accounts etc. I dont think this needs separate it areas for GBPVR vs NextPVR.

GBPVR is dead
    its time all reference to it was removed from main forum
    its just confusing for new people
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You're miss-interpretting my response. I'm really just saying I dont have a strong opinion one way or the other on whether your should use redirects or no redirects, and I'm happy to leave it up to you to decide.
    Thanks sub, of course I am mis-interpretating, it is what steeb does best! Sometimes I hate this online comms stuff. I do not like the re-directs I did but is there anyway of un-doing them or are they now fixed forever?

As an alternative, I suggested we could instead just merge the different documentation forums. I think that would be cleaner. I see the Documentation forum is pretty much yours though, so I'm not going to do that unless you think it's the right thing to do.
    Yes I think that the time has come to merge these all the doc stuff GB-PVR related will drop off now and I was trying to do that but mucked it up with those nasty re-directs. I think it would be perfectly fine now to just have a documentation thread. As stustuntz said the time for GB-PVR (though RIP) has gone....

I'm not saying I dont care about documentation. I'm just saying I dont care about some of the trivial details of the how the forum is used in the documentation section. I'm very pleased with the wiki's, and that there is a separate NextPVR wiki etc. The documentation forum serves a different purpose though, and is more about discussion about how to improve the docs, short-comings in certain areas of the docs, asking wiki accounts etc. I dont think this needs separate it areas for GBPVR vs NextPVR.
    Yes got you, totally agreed but I am not used to navigating this vBulletin software and felt I was mucking some things up!

cheers as always

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    GBPVR is dead
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz
    GBPVR is dead
    Totally agree!
    I agree GB-PVR is dead....

I don't agree that all reference to it should be removed....

I have been keeping an eye on the number of users in each forum (almost every time I refresh the main forum page) ever since I had a discussion with sub about how many users he thought were using NextPVR & the numbers reading the GB support forum almost always is a HUGE amount more than reading the NextPVR forum... you make your own conclusions....

But having said all that I do thing the documentation forum should be like the plugins forum with all the NextPVR docs (new posts) going into the main part & the old GB ones being a sub forum off it..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    I agree GB-PVR is dead....

I don't agree that all reference to it should be removed....
    I wont be removing it. I'm still proud of it's history, and a lot people come here because of the GBPVR history, and mentions on old websites etc.

I have been keeping an eye on the number of users in each forum (almost every time I refresh the main forum page) ever since I had a discussion with sub about how many users he thought were using NextPVR & the numbers reading the GB support forum almost always is a HUGE amount more than reading the NextPVR forum... you make your own conclusions....
    There is a fairly simple explaination for this. About half of the active users on the forums are just web crawlers for the various search engines, and they're busy indexing the forum pages. They're not real people. They spend a lot more time in the GBPVR Support forum because it has the mosts posts.

I am happy with whatever is decided but think the focus should push to NextPVR. I would just like to clear up the docs threads but made a total hash of it with those re-directs.

Of course sub should be totally proud of the GB-PVR history and that is why I pushed for separate wiki's. The legacy of GB-PVR should not be forgotten!

I just don't know how to tidy up these threads nicely? I am not a user of vBulletin apart from on these threads! I am asking for help really...

cheers all

steeb

I've changed the redirects to temporary and they should time out in an hour or so.