Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NPVR 2.4.3 - Current Patches and Getting Started info

Lots of people stop at a working version and don't update unless there is a major advantage. (our main PVR at home still runs GBPVR as everyone is familiar with the interface, it works extremely well and I am fearful of updating it! and my NPVR system that mirrors it still misses the odd recording from season recordings not migrating fully.).
    NPVR has a tick box to indicate updates available, but AFAIK does nothing. I vaguely seem to recall that "calling home" to check for updates was frowned upon at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    ...and I am fearful of updating it!
    Chicken!

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

I think it would clarify it for a lot of people if standard terminology was used. If sub issued official (and therefore recommended) "releases" and "patches" (though he has never issued a patch as far as I can remember it has just been install the latest full release over the top) while the ones managed in this thread (and elsewhere in individual threads on the forum) were referred to as "hot-fixes" that should only be applied if absolutely needed for that particular problem (these never trigger the "check for updates option").
    Silverstone LC10M with iMON
    Gigabyte 780G+4850e, AMD 6570
    Blackgold BGT3620, Harmony 555 Remote
    Win7 32-bit, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    NPVR has a tick box to indicate updates available, but AFAIK does nothing.
    It should work (as of two release ago). If you've got that feature enabled, and I do a new release, then you should get a message box appearing to tell you the new version is available.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It should work (as of two release ago). If you've got that feature enabled, and I do a new release, then you should get a message box appearing to tell you the new version is available.
    And it did here

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)