Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4.3 available (24th March)

2.4.3 available (24th March)

You can download 2.4.3 from http://www.gbpvr.com/NPVRSetup_2_4_3.exe.

If you're new to NextPVR, see the list of pre-requisite software at: http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...Pre-requisites (directx runtime, visual c++ runtime etc). If you're upgrading from an earlier build, you need to make sure you stop the NPVR software before installing.

If you're using an HDHomeRun, after installing you'll probably need to add a firewall exception too allow the new NDigitalHost.exe to receive data from the HDHomeRun, otherwise live tv or recordings may fail.

Please post any support issues in the support forum.

This is a fairly small release, intended to take the pain out of downloading all the patches for the last release. From the change log:
    - improved skipping in .ts files, using new NPVRTSReader2.ax. Main fixes were several users had long pauses after skipping, inaccurate skipping in live tv and playback on in-progress recordings, improved skipping from client PCs.
    - fixed an issue with 'whats new' list position not selecting correct recording after playback if new recording had occurred.
    - fixed an issue that could lead to high CPU usage on NMT after playing video.
    - fixed a couple of bugs with the new channel groups functionality in the TV Guide.
    - added ability to manually force the use certain teletext pages for subtitles. This was useful in a case where the broadcaster wasnt providing subtitle page numbers in the DVB teletext descriptor.
    - comskip info now available on client PCs.
    - fixed a bug with failed recordings that a re-attempted on another tuner, that could result in a long ever-running recording.
    - fixed a problem with resuming playback on NMT
    - updated version of NEWA.
    - added a "nextpvr.exe -reload" command line parameter that can be used to tell the recording service to reload it's list from the database.
    - removed a few log messages that were in some setups causing logs to fill up and roll over quickly.
    - fixed a problem where video library wasn't accepting nextpvr's native xml metadata format when stored in a separate file rather the embedded ADS
    - in libraries, pressing A-Z will now jump to first item that starts with that let. 0-9 continues to jump to a percentage in the list, the same as previous releases.
    - added setting allow user to choose FF/RW key behaviour. You can use the previous skip skip, or new fast play function.
    - fixed an minor issue with vertical main menu when several of the menu options had been disabled, leaving 'less than or equal' to the number of displayed menu items.
    - fixed an error that could occur when running installer on client machine
    - NDigitalHost.exe now also honoring the <UseHigherPriority> setting
    - fixed a bug with where edits to a digital channel's settings were not saved when you hit ok.
    - minor change to the loading order of cover art.
    - fixed a problem that was causing buffer files to behind on disk after watching live tv
    - updated version of tag-sharp
    - a couple of minor skin fixes.

Looking good sub. Thanks. Any chance the 16:10 ratio error might get fixed in a future release?

Probably, when I find a bit more spare time.

Awesome

The new Fast Play option seems to work pretty well, and is a very welcome addition. The only niggle I found with it so far is that if I press Pause during fast play it returns to normal play instead of pausing; I'd certainly rather have it pause.

Can you explain the settings? Also, is it supposed to change behavior if I hit fast-forward a second or third time? I thought maybe it started going slower, but I might have been imagining it.
    Code:
        <FFRWBehaviour>Fast Play</FFRWBehaviour>
        <FastPlayStepSize>1.2</FastPlayStepSize>
        <FastPlayStepFrequencyMS>100</FastPlayStepFrequencyMS>
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Sorry for the slow response - been a bit busy last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    The new Fast Play option seems to work pretty well, and is a very welcome addition. The only niggle I found with it so far is that if I press Pause during fast play it returns to normal play instead of pausing; I'd certainly rather have it pause.
    Right you are. I've fixed this for the next version of nextpvr.exe

Can you explain the settings? Also, is it supposed to change behavior if I hit fast-forward a second or third time? I thought maybe it started going slower, but I might have been imagining it.
    It's a single speed forward/back at this stage. I had considered implementing multiple presses for multiple speeds, but I instead opted for consistancy between PC and MVP/NMT by going with a single speed.

Is there any way you could make it so all 3 methods are available at once? I like having the ff/rw buttons do Fast Play, but sometimes still like the short skips too (and don't want to give up the long skips either). The left/right arrows aren't used for anything, right? Perhaps have them be the short-skips if Fast Play is enabled?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

sorry, can't edit in this forum...

my thought is that if I had all 3 methods available, I might make the long skips really long, like 3-5 minutes, and make the short skips on the arrows 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    sorry, can't edit in this forum...

my thought is that if I had all 3 methods available, I might make the long skips really long, like 3-5 minutes, and make the short skips on the arrows 30 seconds.
    That is something I also would like to have.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

Thanks sub, all good as usual; still hanging out for that archive feature though ... http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...749#post417749
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.