Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Remote Config

Moved thread as was NextPVR specific.

Still scratching my head on this one.

Does this go under:

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...hannelChangers

or:

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...RemoteControls

think this section of the wiki may need a bit of tweaking? But that is what the wiki is for

still thinking, hope McBainUK puts input in soon!

cheers

steeb

Hi,

Should have put it in the NPVR section in the first place, sorry.

Although, the window class is the same in PVRX2 I think, so the sample configurations should work interchangeably with either, apart from the few commands that are different in GBPVR.

It's definitely remote controls, there's nothing about blasting, which I know very little about as I don't do it.

I will re-edit and get something on the wiki when I have some time during the week.

Right, I have added the following to the wiki:

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...edRemoteConfig
    and a linked page http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...gesCommandList

but there are no links to these pages from the rest of the wiki yet, so they're not entirely 'up'.

Is this ok as it is, or should I expand the intro a bit and then link to separate pages for Hauppauge IR and IRSS?
    Should the title be something else? 'Advanced Remote Coniguration' doesn't seem quite right.
    Any other suggestions?

Ooooh JP23,

this is a major volume of input. Looks well sexy.

I am still mulling how these can spin off. Give me a day or so. "ARC" - "Advanced Remote Config" I think would be wrong. To keep with the pages "Remote Controls - Advanced" or something like that?

Should somehow spiral down from Remotes. Prob an advanced section at the bottom of the Remote page? Also somehow we have to link back in to Hauppauge and IRSS.

Let me mull if OK but THIS is Fantastic work on a negelected part of the wiki!

cheers

steeb

I'm just going to go ahead and make some changes to the whole section.

If anyone doesn't like what I do, they are welcome to change it again.

So it looks like the color keys are sending ctrl codes, e.g., Red=ctrl-R, Green=ctrl-G, etc, rather than alt codes?
    npvr 3.2.9/win7/msi880gma-e53/athlonIIx3-445/radeon6450/colossus/hvr2250/hdhrdual/hdhrprime/1tb disk/3gb ram/dch3400/comcast/schedulesdirect

Quote Originally Posted by mulletback View Post
    So it looks like the color keys are sending ctrl codes, e.g., Red=ctrl-R, Green=ctrl-G, etc, rather than alt codes?
    That's correct. The keyboard reference seems to say this is right, although alt-g does seem to be listed for green.

If you look at the command reference I've attached to the wiki page, you'll see I've worked out how to do the ctrl modifier with 32775 messages (prefix the hex code for the key with 200)

I don't know how to do the alt modifier, it would be very useful to know though.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JP23 View Post
    That's correct. The keyboard reference seems to say this is right, although alt-g does seem to be listed for green.

If you look at the command reference I've attached to the wiki page, you'll see I've worked out how to do the ctrl modifier with 32775 messages (prefix the hex code for the key with 200)

I don't know how to do the alt modifier, it would be very useful to know though.

Any ideas?
    I don't know how to do the alt mod either. Something to look into...

If you look at KeyMappings.xml, all the color keys are alt codes, although initially NPVR didn't use the color keys. The OSD will come up in response to either alt-b or ctrl-b (the latter for backward compatibility, I suppose). Since Groups arrived, alt-g brings up Groups in the Guide. The other color key uses seem to be in plugins; I thought most of those were using the alt codes (?).
    npvr 3.2.9/win7/msi880gma-e53/athlonIIx3-445/radeon6450/colossus/hvr2250/hdhrdual/hdhrprime/1tb disk/3gb ram/dch3400/comcast/schedulesdirect

I'm not sure, the keyboard reference certainly has more ctrl than alt listed, but that could be wrong.

Personally I've always used yellow to cycle aspect ratios (f7) and blue to bring up the OSD with ctrl-b, but this partially because I didn't want to reprogram my harmony remote too much when I moved to NPVR.

I'd love to add the alt keys, but digging up the information that I have was very difficult, and I don't have any examples of alt modifiers being used in 32775 messaging to work back from.

Perhaps some of our programming gurus can give me a clue?
    Last edited by JP23; 2012-03-29 at 02:36 PM.

@ JP23 I say that is still looking well sexy!

steeb or McBainUK may make some changes to tweak or may not! Great wiki work. Most appreciated and always brilliant to have others wiki-ing away

Looks really really very good. (Alot of hyperbole there but meant it). Hope that you find the answers you need from the programming guru's (not one myself, wish I was!).

Don't want to play down to the not sure what it means crowd but I have found quite a lot of windows users actually don't know what "focus" is.....?!

Can't say enough that I think this stuff you have done really helps the NextPVR wiki along.

I owe you a virtual beer

cheers

steeb