Thread: Multicard setup with cable boxes

Multicard setup with cable boxes

My cable provider is converting it's "good" analogue stations to digital so it can gouge a pile of money out of it's customers. No benefit to us (unless you count the extra 20 crap stations I didn't want).

Now, of course, my dual tuner card will be near useless. The cable box only puts out one channel and the 2250 only has one cable input - so one tuner gets disabled and the other now needs a blaster cable (which I have to find).

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that's already done a multi-card cable box set-up? What cards did you use? how did you get two (or more) cards in one PC and more than one blaster cable going?

Interested in your stories!

I think the the HVR 2250 supports multiple analog inputs with this http://store.hauppauge.com/accessori...oduct=av_cable Sorry can't with with blasters I'm a firewire tuner fan.

Martin

You're correct. However it only accepts one IR input/output cable so another blaster has to be fitted and controlled somehow.

Actually the Hauppauge site has some ambiguous information. THere are two auxiliary plates available. One has just video inputs and can be bought seperately while the other is packaged with the HVR-2250 kit (the one that includes a remote for sure, not sure about the other package). The bundled one has a second blaster port so it can handle two cable boxes at once.

Now that I think about it, I believe I got the extra plate and blaster cables with mine - which I also think I threw away years ago. Having my local store check and see if they can order the extra parts seperately. If not, I'll buy a new 2250 package and use the existing 2250 for OTA once I get a multi-PCI-E motherboard.