Thread: Are recordings re-scheduled when a capture source is deleted in Settings/Devices?

Are recordings re-scheduled when a capture source is deleted in Settings/Devices?

I have just recovered from a NextPVR lockup. I have a dodgy tuner that I added and configured in Settings/Devices and tested and then removed and deleted from Settings/Devices.

Later ... NextPVR ground to a halt ... nothing would record, tray icon Show Status was blank and so on and on.

It appeared from the nrecord.log and from looking at the content of the database that nrecord was trying to start a recording on a capture source oid that did not exist in the capture source table. nrecord then stopped and everything else soon stopped also.

Hence, the title of this thread ... Are recordings re-scheduled when a capture source is deleted in Settings/Devices?

Thanks. Graham.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

As far as I know recordings are re-scheduled when you update the epg (or when it is automatically updated), so an update epg should have fixed your problem.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Are recordings re-scheduled when a capture source is deleted in Settings/Devices?
    No. As Reddwarf said, you'd need to update the EPG to force it to reschedule.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    No. As Reddwarf said, you'd need to update the EPG to force it to reschedule.
    Okay. My problem was that I didn't do the Update EPG until after the recordings were scheduled to start and then I had the recordings scheduled to be recording now so the Update EPG did not rescedule them even though they weren't actually recording because the capture source didn't exist.

I have created a very sophisticated spreadsheet that evaluates all of the permutations and I can confidently predict that, across the entire population of NPVR users, this problem will re-occur not more than once every 468 years. So there's no hurry for a fix. Tee Hee.

Thanks. Graham.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

It does seem if Graham correctly deleted the capture source using npvr Settings, it should have triggered an update/reload??? One for a future fix perhaps.

Yep, I agree it probably should, but I dont have time right now to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I have created a very sophisticated spreadsheet that evaluates all of the permutations and I can confidently predict that, across the entire population of NPVR users, this problem will re-occur not more than once every 468 years. So there's no hurry for a fix. Tee Hee.

Thanks. Graham.
    I'm impressed! But given that timespan I see no reason to worry

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)