Thread: Trying to access music or videos causes the nDroid server to crash

Trying to access music or videos causes the nDroid server to crash

Brian,

When I am trying the new feature to reach Music and Videos the nDroid server crashes requiring a restart. Both my Music and Videos are located on shares on a server.

Extract from my nPVR Config.xml

Code:
    <MusicLibrary extensions="^.+\.(mp3|ogg|m3u|wma|aac|wav|m4a|fla|flac)$">
          <Directory name="Music">\\GERDIN-SERVER\Music\</Directory>
        </MusicLibrary>
        <VideoLibrary extensions="^.+\.(mpeg|mpg|m2v|avi|ty|avs|ogm|mp4|mov|m2ts|wmv|cdg|iso|rm|dvr-ms|ts|mkv|vob|divx|flv|ratDVD|m4v|3gp|rmvb|wtv|bdmv)$">
          <Directory name="Videos">\\GERDIN-SERVER\Videos\</Directory>
          <Directory name="Children Shows &amp; Series">\\GERDIN-SERVER\Recorded TV\</Directory>
          <Directory name="Recordings">E:\My Recordings\</Directory>
        </VideoLibrary>
        <PictureLibrary extensions="^.+\.(bmp|jpg|png|tiff|tif)$">
          <Directory name="Photos">\\GERDIN-SERVER\Photos\</Directory>
        </PictureLibrary>
    Not sure what logs to attach but I can do if you let me know how.

\\Agerdin

I suspect it's the SMB share paths - I never did test those properly but wouldn't expect them to cause a crash. I'd just expect attempts to play anything to fail at the nDroid end. I knew there was something I'd omitted from the release notes.

If you could zip and attach the nDroidService, nDroidServiceListener and nDroidServiceStreamer logs, that should be enough.

Cheers,
    Brian

Hi again Brian,

I guess the server does not really crash, actually the client shows the message that the activity nDroid does not respond on my phone. Hence I need to closed down the client and restart the server before I am able to use the android client again.

I can see in the logs that access is denied to the Video path

Attached are the requested logs.

\\Agerdin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by agerdin View Post
    I guess the server does not really crash, actually the client shows the message that the activity nDroid does not respond on my phone. Hence I need to closed down the client and restart the server before I am able to use the android client again.
    Ah OK, I can see a situation where that might happen. mvallevand showed me a possible work-around for the shares a while back and it was that which I didn't get to testing properly.

How do you have your shares setup to work with npvr? By that I mean the permissions and also is the npvr service running as LocalSystem or with another user account?

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by bgowland; 2012-03-07 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Ah OK, I can see a situation where that might happen. mvallevand showed me a possible work-around for the shares a while back and it was that which I didn't get to testing properly.

How do you have your shares setup to work with npvr? By that I mean the permissions and also is the npvr service running as LocalSystem or with another user account?

Cheers,
    Brian
    Brian, I have the npvr recording service is running with an account that has access to these shares. I cannot run it with the LocalSystem user.

\\Anders

Brian, I have the npvr recording service is running with an account that has access to these shares. I cannot run it with the LocalSystem user.

\\Anders
    OK, thanks Anders.

I'll upload a new version of the nDroid service to the wiki later - it will also need to run as an account with access to the shares. I need to do a little more testing first but will post an announcement when it's ready.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    OK, thanks Anders.

I'll upload a new version of the nDroid service to the wiki later - it will also need to run as an account with access to the shares. I need to do a little more testing first but will post an announcement when it's ready.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Thanks Brian,

Tested it quickly and it works as expected.

\\Anders

Thanks Brian,

Tested it quickly and it works as expected.

\\Anders
    Great news. Thanks for the confirmation.