Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refreshing TV Guide Data (after System plugin EPG update)

Refreshing TV Guide Data (after System plugin EPG update)

Sub, it's been mentioned in a couple of places that the System plugin needed to call:
    Code:
    EventBus.GetInstance().Notify("RELOAD_RECORDINGS");
    to force a refresh of the guide data after it runs a manual EPG update. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work as expected, and the guide stays empty of data. However, if you exit NPVR, or even just start Live TV, then it populates.

What does work though, is calling RELOAD_SETTINGS (with or without the above call).

I was just wondering if this was expected behaviour? Should I hold out on a fix that would let RELOAD_RECORDINGS work, or is there no harm in letting it do the full settings reload?

Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu

The TV Guide will reload the EPG and pending recording list when it sees the 'RELOAD_SETTINGS' event (since the user has been in the Settings screen, and may have changed the channel lists, or updated the EPG etc).

It'll just reload the pending recording list when its sees 'RELOAD_RECORDINGS' (indicating the user has altered the recording list).

Ah, right you are. Thanks for the clarification.

Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu

Hello, it seems that this thread anwers my question before I have posted it.

What am I doing:
    I change the content of scheduled_recording table from outside of nextpvr. I use pysqlite, and I do not know about plugins. (perhaps I need to start learning?). Everything looks fine, only the system does not seem to read the table unless I touch it with nextpvr program by adding a(nother) post.

Why do I want to add a row from outside:
    I want to send an ordinary sms to my pc telling that please record a certain channel at a certain moment for a certain length of time. Can anyone tell me is it possible (or sensible or even allowed) to invoke this EventBus.GetInstance().Notify("RELOAD_RECORDINGS") ; from my python 2.7 program? (I do actually get the sms request all the way to the scheduled_recording table)

Quote Originally Posted by Esko View Post
    Can anyone tell me is it possible (or sensible or even allowed) to invoke this EventBus.GetInstance().Notify("RELOAD_RECORDINGS") ; from my python 2.7 program? (I do actually get the sms request all the way to the scheduled_recording table)
    Sorry, no it's not currently. At this stage it's only callable from a plugin running inside the app.

presuming it's the sort of thing you wouldn't be doing every minute or two, you could force a recording schedule reload by executing "NextPVR.exe -updateepgonly". Perhaps a little ugly, given that it goes through an entire EPG update first, but it should work.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Along those lines, for the next version of nextpvr.exe, you'll be able to run "nextpvr.exe -reload" to trigger the recording service to reload.

You'd probably better running the scheduled.exe utility to schedule a recording though, rather than directly inserting into the database, since it'll do things correctly for tuner allocations etc.

Thank you Sub and johnsonx42!

I am sure with these advice I'll be able to go ahead with my little project. Promise to do my homework.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this seems to be not working again in the System plugin (I don't think it's 2.6.2...I think it's been broken for a wee while).

After an EPG update, the top-bar in the EPG shows recordings marked, but the actual programmes have no highlight. An exit/reload of NPVR makes them appear again.

Here's a shorthand of what I have it doing:

Code:
        new EPGManager().UpdateEPG(this);

ExportImport.ExportRecordings(false);

//  EventBus.GetInstance().Notify("RELOAD_RECORDINGS");
        EventBus.GetInstance().Notify("RELOAD_SETTINGS");
    Iain