Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD and MKV problems

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    The intent of mvpmcx2 is really for broadcast mpg/ts stream playback, hopefully that is working okay for you.
    Yes it is and thanks very much for your work on this. I just need it to do blu-ray rips too and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be as good as the HD200 for this. I will try the native player but even if it avoids the freezes, "exiting" NPVR to play movies won't really work for us. It's just unfortunate since there will obviously be no further firmware updates to address these issues I'm having.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Sub and whurlston were looking into creating these playlists making a pseudo bd-lite but I don't think that has evolved yet.
    I got sidetracked with YouTube so that I could easily play my son's videos and that small project turned into what it is now. It's next on my list though. (I'm also working on native non-Java menus but I'm still in the very, very early stages of this.)

It appears that the freezing in the .m2ts files occurs at the boundaries of the separate .m2ts that I joined with tsmuxer. Any ideas on settings in tsmuxer that might affect this?

Have you tried Clown_BD to demux with eac3to and then remux with tsMuxeR? These seem to be popular. topics.

Martin

I haven't tried Clown_BD but I did try the "copy /b" approach which while it doesn't freeze up there are brief "hiccups" at the file boundaries.

I tried tsmuxer on an MKV of the same movie and it still freezes at the same points. I then the Clown_BD/tsmuxer combo as you suggested (thanks) on the same MKV and it seems to avoid the freezes. A little strange and more work than should be necessary but it seems to avoid the problem.

As a general comment on the A-110 I must say that they didn't try very hard on the OSD. The graphics and text are pretty "old school" and not very attractive on an HD display.

Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    I tried tsmuxer on an MKV of the same movie and it still freezes at the same points. I then the Clown_BD/tsmuxer combo as you suggested (thanks) on the same MKV and it seems to avoid the freezes. A little strange and more work than should be necessary but it seems to avoid the problem.
    I am glad it worked, I never actually tried it, and I almost didn't mention it. I don't fully understand why it works, either.

As a general comment on the A-110 I must say that they didn't try very hard on the OSD. The graphics and text are pretty "old school" and not very attractive on an HD display.
    It's ugly but not the worst I've seen, (the MVP-HD is close, but I had a DVD player I couldn't even read). In some way it is surprising the PCH was as popular as it was, since many of the original users were coming from the old xbmc for the xbox and they were used to a much better UI. At last for those that want to use their PCH's for video collecting YAMJ actually looks pretty good on HD. http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/MovieJukebox I'm for substance over style anyway.

Still, IMO even today, on any PC or any extender nothing is close to XBMC for UI quality except maybe Plex. Everything else seems old school.

Martin