Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tv guide empty in gbpvr works in pvrx2

The attached patch didn't work for me. Didn't think it would since it is quite bit smaller in size than the version I have. Thanks Sub, as always you're going above and beyond.
    Intel 3570, 8 GB Ram, Samsung 840 256
    WD 640GB x 2 Raid 0 Recording Drive, WD 2TB
    HVR-2250, ATI 550, AVC-3610 x 2, HDHomeRun
    1 Server, 2 Clients
    Harmony 550, 650 & 670 Remotes
    Plugins: TV Listings, MusicBox4, SSPlus
    Utilities: DirMon, ShowAnalyzer, Comskip
    NPVR: 3.1.1, Win 7 x64

I have confirmed it was a bug in the old GBPVR.exe. Unfortunately I cant do anything about. I no longer have the ability to build this application.

Neither PVRX2.exe or the newer NextPVR have this problem.

It works! I backed up my gbpvr.exe version 1.1.5 and dropped in the patched version and the mini-guide is back. The TV-Guide is also back for those who use it. The "System" screen still claims to be version 1.1.5 but I don't know if that info comes from gbpvr.exe or elsewhere. Sub you are the greatest! Being sick and virtually bed/couch bound my TV and gbpvr are more important than usual. If someone needs gbpvr 1.1.5 I still have GBPVR10105.msi which must be the installer for it.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

the patch doesn't work for 1.0.16, I will try to install 1.1.5 I have a backup of the installer for that. I had a backup of 1.2.9 but it is corrupted.
    if the patch doesn't work after up install 1.1.5 I will try my luck at getting tv listings added to pvrx2.
    thanks Sub, you are doing more than I expected to support an outdated but still very nice software.

thanks Sub, the patch fixed it, after installing build 1.1.5 winXP also on a client running Vista.

patch fixed guide but crashed recording playback

I thought the patch fixed the setup, but after a reboot the recordings will not playback.
    error message "error: method not found: 'Int32 ... getlastplaybackpos ... "
    logs attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, it sounds like it's not going to work. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. You need to move to the PVRX2.exe interface, or upgrade to NextPVR.exe

thanks, will nextpvr record the mpg files directly from my analog cards pvr500 and pvr150 or does it transcode them to ts files to save them?

No, it always records .ts files. This isnt done by transcoding though, its just a simple remux.

This is the native format for digital tv, which is the vast majority of users these days. The same format is used for analog so that I dont need to worry developing two different live tv engines (one based on .ts, one on .mpg), and the associated components that would be required for playback of inprogress recordings of that type etc.

The patched gbpvr.exe can't access GBPVRBackendCommon.dll installed from GBPVR10105.msi when skipping/fastforwarding. Was the patched gbpvr.exe from the released GBPVR10105.msi? It appears to be bigger and have a higher version number. If it wasn't, could the original unpatched gbpvr.exe be posted? Someone could try to do figure out what bytes were patched and apply the same patch to the attached gbpvr.exe from GBPVR10105.msi.
    Last edited by fla; 2012-02-05 at 09:45 PM.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin