Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: NPVR 2.3.6 Music No Longer Plays DTS Audio Wavs

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,015
    To reproduce the exact steps NextPVR uses to play a .wav or .dts file, run graph edit, insert the 'Default DirectSound Device' filter, then select 'render meda file' and choose your wav or dts file. It doesnt do any extra steps.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Severn Estuary (Mendip) UK
    Posts
    787
    Just tried that and get [File.dts]>LAV Splitter>LAV Audio Decoder>Default Audio Renderer = Perfect sound

    In NPVR it always fails to insert the Audio Decoder for dts = Nasty Hiss

    As you can see in the previous log extracts flac files use the LAV decoder but dts are failing to load any audio codec
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,015
    I dont know. Thats exactly what NextPVR does.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CRO
    Posts
    19

    NPVR 2.5.5 not playing DTS Audio Wavs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Just tried that and get [File.dts]>LAV Splitter>LAV Audio Decoder>Default Audio Renderer = Perfect sound
    Now I've discovered that's my case


    Code:
    [File.dts]>LAV Splitter>_>Default Audio Renderer

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,088
    On Win7 you need to modify OS registry to use LAVF audio decoder.
    Or install SAF, it will do it automatically (link below)
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CRO
    Posts
    19
    then maybe the problem is Win 8 x64 because SAF is already installed

    It works within GraphStudio and player that comes with SAF!
    Last edited by Ludron; 2012-08-18 at 12:21 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludron View Post
    It works within GraphStudio and player that comes with SAF!
    Good.
    Than it must be something in NPVR that cause it.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Severn Estuary (Mendip) UK
    Posts
    787

    Work Around

    I have found a work around for this as it appears that the music renderer uses an internal NPVR decoder for wav and mp3 files - I think?

    1) Rip DTS CD to hard drive with Exact Audio Copy - this will give the files a wav extension
    2) Convert these wav files to flac - I use LameXP.

    Now they will play in NPVR using the LAV Splitter and Audio Codec and also will play in other programs such as Media Monkey or Winamp which would not play them before.
    Only problem I have found is that the file size is quite a lot (about 80%) bigger.

    If anybody can think of a better container for dts audio I would be interested to know
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    I have found a work around for this as it appears that the music renderer uses an internal NPVR decoder for wav and mp3 files - I think?

    1) Rip DTS CD to hard drive with Exact Audio Copy - this will give the files a wav extension
    2) Convert these wav files to flac - I use LameXP.

    Now they will play in NPVR using the LAV Splitter and Audio Codec and also will play in other programs such as Media Monkey or Winamp which would not play them before.
    Only problem I have found is that the file size is quite a lot (about 80%) bigger.

    If anybody can think of a better container for dts audio I would be interested to know
    Hi.
    Did you tryed MKVMerge to create *.MKA files?
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Posts
    7,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Just tried that and get [File.dts]>LAV Splitter>LAV Audio Decoder>Default Audio Renderer = Perfect sound

    In NPVR it always fails to insert the Audio Decoder for dts = Nasty Hiss

    As you can see in the previous log extracts flac files use the LAV decoder but dts are failing to load any audio codec
    I'm seeing the same differences in the graph with GraphStudioNext and NPVR. The only thing is, GraphStudioNext crashes as soon as I press play.

    I was able to get DTS audio files to play by installing the MPC-HC DTS/AC3 standalone source filter (attached for convenience). The files must have a .dts extention in order for the source filter to load but it looks like yours does.

    Side note: sub has posted his source code in the past for the section that plays video/audio files and it's no different from that of the code in GraphStudioNext. So I'm not sure how it could be an NPVR problem. I suspect it's more something to do with the LAV code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •