Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum top left link. To what?

Yes, I use the top left link to refresh the forum about a zillion times a day, so no plans to change that.

I have no idea what this 24 hour thing is you're talking about, or when it went away. vBulletin probably changed something in one of their releases. Are you talking about the 'whats new' button, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yes, I use the top left link to refresh the forum about a zillion times a day, so no plans to change that.
    So why not use the as obvious Forum link right beneath the logo link that does EXACTLY the same job? How hard is it to try to tame you Old habits die hard.

We all have to make comprimises. OK so everyone would like that link to point to the forum, even though it goes aginst all the principles of succinct web design?

I have no idea what this 24 hour thing is you're talking about, or when it went away. vBulletin probably changed something in one of their releases. Are you talking about the 'whats new' button, or something else?
    Yeh think that was something that vbulletin changed with an upgrade :-(

cheers

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    So why not use the as obvious Forum link right beneath the logo link that does EXACTLY the same job? How hard is it to try to tame you Old habits die hard.
    I would much rather sub keep working on code that to take the time to retrain his brain to click a different link, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I would much rather sub keep working on code that to take the time to retrain his brain to click a different link, but that's just me.
    That's not just you! Totally agree. But sub trusts no-one else to handle anything. So sub does the code. sub does the website. sub does the forum. sub does everything. That surely is not the "way"?

[Edit] Just playing Devil's advocate there [End Edit]

steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2012-01-16 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Sorry, but I'm just used to this being the behaviour here for the last five years or so, and being same on several other vbulletin forums I use, so I'd rather not change it. It's an old habit I'm happy with.

OK, thanks sub. But just a historical habit for you does not mean that is what the users want. Having said that I could be wrong :-)

cheers

steeb

Just picked up on this again. The problem IS I think with the vbulletin software. There is no 24 hours constant roll over. When the server hits the 24 hour time out then all last posts dis-appear?

Or is this something that only happens with IE8?

Honestly very bad software provided by vbulletin IMHO. Unless there is something to tweak?

cheers

steeb