Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WebRadio

I forgot that the base install doesn't use WebRadio.xml, it was designed to look like GBPVR's Net Radio. The easiest thing to do would be to edit ShoutcastGBPVR.xml to look like the minimal RadioStations.xml I suggested above.

Martin

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks.

Im having issues with Webradio 3.7 piickng up my old GBPVR custom stations. The menu item comes up and I have copied my Net Radio folder containing .pls files to various locations adjacent to Webradio plugin , but still not recognised. There also seems to be no (obvious) reference to a location in the xlm's. Can anyone advise? Its definitely unable to locate something .. First message 'could not find c:\config.xml', which is s weird folder location for config.xml .
    No.1 Main. HW: HP D530, P4 2.8/2 x 500gb/2gb RAM, Nvidia 6200, Leadtek DTV Dongle Gold tuner. XP SP3. NPVR 2.5.5 Cyberlink + Purevideo Mux
    No.2. Second One -in waiting. HW: HP Dc7600, 1 x 1000 gb/4gb RAM, Nvidia 9400/512, TinyTwin Tuner, Win7 Ultimate. NPVR 2.5.5 Cyberlink + Purevideo Mux

That option was really meant for transition with NextPVR and GBPVR running together, and it is trying to find your GBPVR config.xml and likely failing. You can probably fake it by creating a registry key like this

Code:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\devnz\GBPVR InstallDir=location of any config.xml
    That config.xml would just need

Code:
    <settings>
    <NetRadioDirectory>path to pls files</NetRadioDirectory>
    </settings>
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    That option was really meant for transition with NextPVR and GBPVR running together, and it is trying to find your GBPVR config.xml and likely failing. You can probably fake it by creating a registry key like this

Code:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\devnz\GBPVR InstallDir=location of any config.xml
    Tried various permutations of this key / data combo and no bananas.. sorry Martin
    That config.xml would just need

Code:
    <settings>
    <NetRadioDirectory>path to pls files</NetRadioDirectory>
    </settings>
    Martin
    Works OK when put in root where it expects to see it.. Though the .pls files arent currently working - damn.. Might just be better to convert the whole lot (40 or so) to XML.
    No.1 Main. HW: HP D530, P4 2.8/2 x 500gb/2gb RAM, Nvidia 6200, Leadtek DTV Dongle Gold tuner. XP SP3. NPVR 2.5.5 Cyberlink + Purevideo Mux
    No.2. Second One -in waiting. HW: HP Dc7600, 1 x 1000 gb/4gb RAM, Nvidia 9400/512, TinyTwin Tuner, Win7 Ultimate. NPVR 2.5.5 Cyberlink + Purevideo Mux

Send your logs, and maybe one .pls and I will have a look. I might also update WebRadio to make this more configurable.

Martin

Thanks Martin will get to it tomorrow hopefully.. Noticed that opening VLC through NPVR menus is much slower than native d/click of .pls to play the file.. Is this a buffering variation bt the two potentially ? Where is it adjustable ? I stream my stuff direct fm my ISP media servers so minimal buffering is required.

Hard to say. Buffering requirements in WebRadio will depend on the contents of the pls file and the stream itself. mp3 streams are buffered to disk and played natively with NextPVR and 160k needs to be written before playback occurs, so I guess on low bit rate streams that could take a few seconds.

Martin

Quick questiuon, was it established that UburecordingService still installs into a GBPVR folder?
    Does Webradio still work on the NMT/PCH if that is the case i.e. Webradio and the GBPVR folder and the PCH all "talk" to each other?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 @ 2.5GHz | Win7 x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x PVR-150 | 2 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Quick questiuon, was it established that UburecordingService still installs into a GBPVR folder?
    Does Webradio still work on the NMT/PCH if that is the case i.e. Webradio and the GBPVR folder and the PCH all "talk" to each other?

k.
    Web Radio doesn't install the UburecordingService and there is no NextPVR installer for it, but it will use the old version that get installed to the devnz\GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStream\UbuRecordingService folder if it is found. It probably needs the old registry setting for GBPVR The isnstaller is here http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/P...rviceSetup.zip

Note that WebRadio doesn't need this service for mp3 streams are streamed to NMT on their own.

Martin