Thread: Change FFMPEG commandline

Change FFMPEG commandline

Hi,

This is probably a simple question, but just wondering how to change the FFMPEG commandline that NPVR uses to transcode non-mpeg video files for the MVP.

It used to be in config.xml and was changeable within the interface, but doesn't seem to be anymore.

The only problem is the audio bitrate seems to be too low - videos play fine to the MVP, but the audio is very low quality, so I was wanting to up it a bit.

Thanks to everyone who made NPVR work with the MVP and for the greatness that is NPVR (sub, mvallevand in particular!). It's great that my ancient technology still seems to work so well even now!

I'm using the mvpmc dongle (yay! It's great!) and the latest version of NPVR

Thanks!

I think in the config.xml in the MVP Setting area you might want to try modifying these defaults, maybe add -ac 2 -ab 128k

<TranscodeforPAL>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400k -r 25 -s 352x288 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</TranscodeforPAL>

I think there is a transcode.log too

Martin

Thanks for the reply,

I added it to the MVP section, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the commandline

From my config
    Code:
     <MVP>
        <Dongle>dongle.bin</Dongle>
        <AutostartServers>2</AutostartServers>
        <ShowServerUI>false</ShowServerUI>
        <TranscodeTsForMVP>false</TranscodeTsForMVP>
        <TranscodeforPAL>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400k -ac 2 -ab 128k -r 25 -s 352x288 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</TranscodeforPAL>
    But the commandline I'm getting is still

"C:\Programs\NPVR\Other\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "\\GALAXY\Multimedia\Videos\Test.m4v" -b 2400k -r 25 -s 352x288 -f svcd "\\GALAXY\Recordings\MVP-000DFE0BB2B6.mpg"

Any ideas on how to change this at all?

Just a thought but that entry might only be loaded when the recording service and/or the nextpvr.exe MVP server starts. Have you tried restarting the recording service?

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Just a thought but that entry might only be loaded when the recording service and/or the nextpvr.exe MVP server starts. Have you tried restarting the recording service?
    Unfortunately I have, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm wondering if there's anywhere else it can go or if there's another name that it's changed to?

I might have made a case error typing that in try

<TranscodeForPAL>

Martin