Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Plugin] MusicMonkey: music playback via MediaMonkey

[Plugin] MusicMonkey: music playback via MediaMonkey

This is the support thread for the MusicMonkey plugin as described in the wiki: http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...in.MusicMonkey

The plugin allows you to browse and play back your local music collection through the MediaMonkey software while controlling it in NPVR.
    Last edited by cncb; 2011-12-13 at 03:01 AM.

Is this an alternative to Music box?

Quote Originally Posted by Grampz View Post
    Is this an alternative to Music box?
    I guess it could be depending on how you use MusicBox. This plugin relies on an external application (MediaMonkey) for playback and to maintain the metadata database, playlists, etc. whereas (as I understand it) MusicBox does all this internally in NPVR so does not require any additional software and can be used on extenders.

Wow, that looks really fantastic. Well done.
    I use J. River Media Center myself (launched via remote control macro) so this isn't for me but this looks like a significant addition to music playback for nextpvr users.

Just to clarify (for others) does it work with the free, rather than the paid version of MediaMonkey?
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    Just to clarify (for others) does it work with the free, rather than the paid version of MediaMonkey?
    Yes, it does work with the free version.

I actually just recently switched to MediaMonkey after using JRMC exclusively for several years.

I tested musicmonkey out (just to take a peek) and it works very well indeed. I had no problems at all getting it up and running. Definitely recommended.

just my 2c...
    Personally I would prefer it if it scrolled top to bottom rather than left to right as it would scroll through my collection faster.
    It would be good if it could show the playback timeline (like in the screensaver) by default at the bottom of the screen.
    I struggled to create a Recent Albums view, showing album icons ordered by the files created date
    Silverstone LC17 Case,

Personally I would prefer it if it scrolled top to bottom rather than left to right as it would scroll through my collection faster.
    It would be good if it could show the playback timeline (like in the screensaver) by default at the bottom of the screen.
    I struggled to create a Recent Albums view, showing album icons ordered by the files created date
    -Unfortunately, the list scrolling is controlled by NPVR and only scrolls horizontally for the "icon grid" list type.
    -I will consider this for the future.
    -Can you explain this in more detail? How are trying to create this "view"?

Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    -Can you explain this in more detail? How are trying to create this "view"?
    I wanted to show Albums with the most recently added to the library listed first. (basically replicate JRMC's "recent" option)
    I tried Date;Album and it says "error, press escape"
    FileModified;Album shows folders with a strange number under them such as 39376.455793761 with nothing inside when I select them.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,

I wanted to show Albums with the most recently added to the library listed first. (basically replicate JRMC's "recent" option)
    As you have seen, the "Library Items" feature I added is nowhere near as complete as the "View Schemes" in JRMC. I just offered it up for a little flexibility to customize viewing different fields with some filtering/grouping. You can't do what you want since I don't offer any formatting or sorting options for the Fields. The best you can do at the moment is view the "Recently Added" auto playlist which by default will show you the tracks added in the last 30 days sorted by descending date added.

Is it possible to use the visualizations that Mediamonkey can use with this plugin?
    I used to use mediamonkey a few years ago, was thinking of using Morfyre as a replacement for R4 in winamp which seems to have developed memory leaks recently.
    It would be great to be able to use this plugin direct from NPVR with full screen Vizualizations - best plasma screen conditioner you could wish for
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives