Thread: IR Quit working

IR Quit working

I'm getting ready to install Xfinity DTAs and I was trying to set up IR Blaster to work with them.

I used the IR Blaster setup program that came with WinTV and my Hauppague 1600, and so far haven't gotten the DTA to recognize it.

Now, the IR works OK with WinTV, but NPVR does not respond to it. RestartIR does not help. Is there some setting buried inside NPVR that I need to adjust? I don't want to uninstall WinTV since I will need it when I get back to working with Comcast.

Walt
    Hauppague 150, and 1600, Redeon HD5670 Video, 2.91 GHz Athalon CPU, ASUS M2N68-AM MoBo, Winows 7 Professional, Samsung LNS2641DX/XAA display

Quote Originally Posted by wscrivens View Post
    I used the IR Blaster setup program that came with WinTV and my Hauppague 1600, and so far haven't gotten the DTA to recognize it.

Now, the IR works OK with WinTV, but NPVR does not respond to it. RestartIR does not help. Is there some setting buried inside NPVR that I need to adjust?
    Do you mean using the blaster, or have NextPVR respond to key presses on your remote to navigate the around the UI? If the latter, then you probably need to add the NextPVR section to irremote.ini. There is info in the wiki that describes what you need to add.

AH! When I installed WinTV it probably over-wrote the file... I'll go fix it immediately. Thanks :-)

EDIT - 5 minutes later - that fixed it. Thanks, sub!

Walt
    Last edited by wscrivens; 2011-12-11 at 08:11 PM.
    Hauppague 150, and 1600, Redeon HD5670 Video, 2.91 GHz Athalon CPU, ASUS M2N68-AM MoBo, Winows 7 Professional, Samsung LNS2641DX/XAA display