Thread: UI and remote

UI and remote

I'm getting close to having this tweaked in the way I want. Couple remaining questions (kinda related to each other)...

1) Every once in awhile I do something (haven't figured out what it is all the time) that causes me to go back to the main npvr menu BUT what I was watching is still playing and showing in a small window next to the menu. (a) what am I doing that causes that and (b) how do I get back to full screen?

2) When navigating a menu, down in scene selection, I instinctively pushed either the Back/Exit button or the Menu button (I don't remember) thinking it would take me back to main dvd menu...but instead it put me in the mode described in (1) above. I thought I could get back to full screen by selecting DVD again from the npvr menu and while it did go back to DVD it prompted be to resume or restart...I guess I thought it would just go to full screen. (a) is there a button on the remote that can get me back to the main DVD menu (not npvr menu) and (b) same as (1.b) above

Thanks in advance...folks here have been very helpful including the man himself (Sub)!!

Yep that will be the menu - home - info key on your remote (depends on the remote you are using)

To get back to full screen just press it again - twice, maybe thrice I think to cycle through the modes.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

You havn't said what remote control you're using by my guess is you're pressing the Info or Home key on a Hauppauge remote.

I'm using an old school 34 button Hauppauge...I confirmed it was the "menu" button that did it. I did not think to try pressing it again!!

Any thoughts on if its possible to make the "menu" button take me to the DVD main menu (when in the DVD portion of nPVR) instead of the npvr main menu? My stand alone dvd player has a button to do this but not sure its possible with softDVD player.

GBPVR used to work that way, so I'm sure it's possible.

Iain
    NPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System | Videos+

Is there an Info button on the 34 button Hauppage remote?

Looking at the keyboard reference for DVD, if you map a remote control key to "Home" it will act like a "jump to DVD menu" button.

There is not an info button, but maybe I can use one of the other buttons that are generally less useful. Thanks