Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Plugin

Ok, let's try this again. This should fix the problem with playing from the web instead of the proxy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry whurlston, I still get back the direct URL in both the plugin and the API.

Martin

For both PC and NMT? I only tested the PC but it works as expected here for me. I can't test on the NMT at the moment because my wife is sleeping.

Yes on the PC too, it plays fine.

Code:
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	Graph filter list:
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - Default DirectSound Device
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - EVR Renderer
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - ffdshow Audio Decoder
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - LAV Video Decoder
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - LAV Splitter
    2012-01-25 23:24:43.682	[DEBUG][1]	 - http://o-o.preferred.rogers-yyz1.v1.lscache6.c.youtube.com....
    Martin

Did you remember to change youtube.xml?
    <Settings>
    <General hqThumbs="true" useBufferForNMT="true" useBufferForPC="true" sticky="true">
    </Settings>
    It's defaulted to false.

I did forget to pass the tinyUrl though (which I've now fixed in my code) but that won't affect buffering.

Nevermind I missed the attributes in YouTube.xml.

Edit: As you just wrote!

Martin

Whew. I thought my mind had finally gone.

I'm finding it a bit hit and miss on the NMT some files that are mp4 keep saying "Could not play" from the plugin. I added 5 more seconds on the callback and it seems to be better in SearchLite.

Also you don't handle this message http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBSbHInLQ3c on the PC it is 404 on the NMT it crashes.

Also on the NMT I get the please wait buffering but the ShowMessage doesn't disappear on it's own, I have to hit a key when I think it should be ready.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I'm finding it a bit hit and miss on the NMT some files that are mp4 keep saying "Could not play" from the plugin. I added 5 more seconds on the callback and it seems to be better in SearchLite.

Also you don't handle this message http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBSbHInLQ3c on the PC it is 404 on the NMT it crashes.
    Is this with or without buffering? Can you post the logs showing them so I can try to reproduce them.

I have some more work to do on teh buffering in regards to error handling. If buffering is not used, I have no way to know which streams are valid and which are not. I'm just passing the stream URL youtube gives me in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Also on the NMT I get the please wait buffering but the ShowMessage doesn't disappear on it's own, I have to hit a key when I think it should be ready.

Martin
    I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Is this with or without buffering? Can you post the logs showing them so I can try to reproduce them.
    With buffering on the PC and PCH. Nothing in the logs for the PC for the URL above (which is "A Passage to India")

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)
    and the NMT

Code:
    [1676] <TraceRecord xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord" Severity="Critical"><TraceIdentifier>http://msdn.microsoft.com/TraceCodes/System/ActivityTracing/2004/07/Reliability/Exception/Unhandled</TraceIdentifier><Description>Unhandled exception</Description><AppDomain>NextPVR.exe</AppDomain><Exception><ExceptionType>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType><Message>An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.</Message><StackTrace>   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 166 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.YouTubePlugin.thisVs_GetVideoStreamsCompleted(Object sender, GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\NewStyleButtonListPlugin.cs:line 416 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.OnGetVideoStreamsCompleted(GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 178 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.wc_DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 52 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadStringCompleted(DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringOperationCompleted(Object arg) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details. ---&amp;gt; System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. 
    [1676]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result) 
    [1676]    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
    [1676]    at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 166 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.YouTubePlugin.thisVs_GetVideoStreamsCompleted(Object sender, GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\NewStyleButtonListPlugin.cs:line 416 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.OnGetVideoStreamsCompleted(GetVideoStreamsCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 178 
    [1676]    at NextPVR.YouTube.VideoStream.wc_DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) in F:\Projects\NextPVR\YouTube\YouTube\VideoStream.cs:line 52 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadStringCompleted(DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringOperationCompleted(Object arg) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack) 
    [1676]    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)</ExceptionString><InnerException><ExceptionType>System.Net.WebException, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType><Message>The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</Message><StackTrace>   at Sy
    [1676] stem.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. 
    [1676]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
    [1676]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)</ExceptionString></InnerException></Exception></TraceRecord>
    For the cannot play error on the NMT, basically without a few more seconds most files don't play for me.

Martin