Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    I have continued the search on FIOS and slow youtube and there are threads out there that point to Verizon packet shaping traffic and that there are noticeable issues with youtube.
    I was afraid of that. I tried to stream the video via https so that it would not be affected by traffic shaping (an old Netflix trick) but Google will not serve them from a secure server.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Perhaps and enhacement (not sure if possible) would to be able to config for no-cache or cache x seconds where user can plug in the x and the the video would cache for that long on the server and then pass the server url to the NMT to play the cached file?
    The reason I haven't implemented this is because I have been unsuccessful in getting the NMT to play an MP4 file that is still growing. This means that you have to wait for the entire video to download. I was holding out hope that we could find another resolution but that seems unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    The reason I haven't implemented this is because I have been unsuccessful in getting the NMT to play an MP4 file that is still growing. This means that you have to wait for the entire video to download. I was holding out hope that we could find another resolution but that seems unlikely at this point.
    This problem is likely because of how NPVR web server responds to the request for the growing file. I have done some testing and the NMT can stream a 'live" mp4 from YouTube via SMB right after it starts getting saved to disk. One option could be to write the temp file to the "mvpmc" share which users who aren't using USB might have.

Martin

I could try that. It may be a day or two before I can have it up though. I'm just exhausted tonight.

On another note: I've almost got the settings screens completed.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    This problem is likely because of how NPVR web server responds to the request for the growing file. I have done some testing and the NMT can stream a 'live" mp4 from YouTube via SMB right after it starts getting saved to disk. One option could be to write the temp file to the "mvpmc" share which users who aren't using USB might have.

Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I could try that. It may be a day or two before I can have it up though. I'm just exhausted tonight.

On another note: I've almost got the settings screens completed.
    Checking back to see if there has been any progress on the cache ability using the mvpmc share that Martin mentioned......

I think whurlston was looking into writing a caching proxy aspx page rather than using the mvpmc share. The plugin is working pefectly well for me on the NMT though, I hope this can happen.

Search will be nice.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I think whurlston was looking into writing a caching proxy aspx page rather than using the mvpmc share. The plugin is working pefectly well for me on the NMT though, I hope this can happen.

Search will be nice.

Martin
    I'm hoping that might be good news for me since I'm a USBer...

It's working great for me on the PC except for finding stuff, so +1 for search...

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    I'm hoping that might be good news for me since I'm a USBer...
    Even if whurlston can't get the proxy working, USB users won't be excluded, there can be other shares involved, perhaps off the DataDirectory which is designated to be shared with PC clients.

Martin

I'm going to get it working for everyone. I'm just finishing up the settings first (amidst all the family get-togethers this weekend).

re NMT: I will be adding a "Record" feature (and you can specify the record folder) and NMT users that are having trouble with streaming can set it to "Always record" for the NMT. The proxy aspx will then be used for playback (we can attempt all the various methods with this to find the best option: share/http stream). NMT users not experiencing streaming issues can continue to use the current direct stream method if they prefer.

re Search: It's somewhat implemented (in my current development code). I say "somewhat" because you can create a list of "feeds" using pre-defined search phrases that you create in the settings page. This is an interim solution until I can implement a true dynamic search (and by implement, I mean get help ). You can also create a list of authors to quickly list their videos. I'll also be adding a playlist feature.

The example search in the picture would show up in your list selection as "Funny cats in water" (like "Most Popular" does now) and would search for videos as if you typed the following into the youtube website search box:
    Code:
    "funny cats" water
    Last edited by whurlston; 2011-11-26 at 04:13 AM.

That looks great, since you are doing it in config (which I hoped), It would be nice to see fixed URL's like the following.

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/u...me/uploads?v=2
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/u...scriptions?v=2

In lieu of a trailer plugin (which I've been contemplating based on www.hd-trailers.net) I'd add username trailer http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/u...max-results=50

Martin

I do plan on adding the user specific feeds once we sort out the nmt playback. Thanks for reminding me about the trailers. I wanted to add them for the next release.