Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plugin Playing Video File

Hi psycik, I think we might be duplicating some work (based on a post I just read of yours). Over the weekend I wrote a navigator for PMS based on my UPnP navigator and it is working pretty well in NPVR style although my goal would be to have the skins look like Plex not NPVR, the PMS scraping it too good not to use. I happened upon your post because I am working on how to sync the NPVR and PMS resume time, I am planning a utility to keep them in the sync.

My interest in this started when I found a Plex app that runs on my Samsung TV which plays my NPVR Recordings nicely, especially considering how new the client is. Great for Samsung TV and BD owners. Plex also runs on quite a few other devices too (ATV2, GTV, soon for NMT's, Android and LG TV's) so it seems promising as a client to NPVR if I can get the integration going. I sort of started this all ready with imageGrabLite automatically renaming recordings to the required S##E## notation.

Before I go to far what are your plans for your plugin?

Martin

Mostly just simple playback. Taking the media path and of it can just playing it directly. and a really basic if path contains xyz remove it, and replace with \\abc.

I'm ignoring the transcoding and most of the advanced plex features.

Btw. I always though ml2/3 could have Benefitted from this treatment. At the time it would have been squeeze enter. But now I think I'd replace any music collection code with plex. And just write a GUI for it.

My plex plugin is pretty much done, just doing the new user stuff etc.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Ok, thanks, maybe we don't have as much duplication as I thought, I won't work on the NPVR side and wait and see what you do. I have enough I can focus on learning what I can do on the Samsung client (with html, js, and css and the Samsung SDK)

Martin

Question, and it's just a niceity, but what are the parameters fro PlayVideoFile(file,Hastable)? For the information to be shown?
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Not in front of my dev machine right now but look at the Skin\Players\Video skin file. I used the parameters that were listed in it like @title, @description, etc for my YouTube plugin.