Thread: return from inset mode

return from inset mode

it seems the video inset window is activated with home key, but i can't get back to full-screen with home...
    Unless i go all the way back to main menu, then home works to undo video inset..
    Bug?
    in recordings screen, hitting it twice does work...but no way i can see to get back to fullscreen in video library...

kinda makes using it cumbersome, as you lose your place in npvr and have to navigate back to where you were..
    i tried putting a key in video section of keymappings.xml to no avail...even tried mapping 'end' key to "home/inset" but didn't work..
    is this slated to be fixed or intentional?
    Thanx
    Last edited by pBS; 2011-10-24 at 09:14 AM.
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

I think it is working as designed, but whether that's the ideal solution could be up for debate. The [home] key that toggles it is also used to activate the hidden menu, and it should be doing that in most places other than back at the main menu, meaning you do need to navigate all the way back up before you can return to full screen. The fact that you don't in Recordings is probably a bug.

Iain
    NPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System | Videos+

yep,i agree it's probably because of the use of 'home' already for the 'hidden' menus, but it seems most logical to just assign another key to it and make it a toggle in any screen..
    I vote for using the 'end' key instead..

i know it was almost same in old pvrx2, but there, home would bring you back to main menu, so it just took multiple hits of home to get back to fullscreen..
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

I think it would be simpler to leave the keys as they are, but have:

1st press of home: leave full screen video and go to inset
    2nd press of home: activate menu if screen supports it (otherwise back to video)
    3rd press of home: return to full screen video

That gets you your "multiple hits of home" (no more than two) to get back to full screen video.

Iain
    NPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System | Videos+