Thread: NEWA stopped working

Hybrid View

NEWA stopped working

A bit of a strange problem - I don't use NEWA all that frequently (usually just use VNC), but have never had problems with it. Tried installing ndroid a couple of days ago, and couldn't get it to actually start the recording - after a suggestion from bgowland, I found that NEWA was no longer working for me.

This isn't a connection problem - I've removed firewalls, changed port numbers, tried accessing it from a browser on the host machine etc to no success. Basically all that happens is that after typing in the NEWA address, the browser just sits there. I can see from the (reactivated) firewall that Nrecord is listening on the correct port, and that a connection is being made to the port when I try to login to NEWA, but nothing actually occurs.

I tried updating to the latest version, then reverted to the previous version when that didn't work (reverted via backups, as deleting the bin folder didn't cause a reinstall). I have also cleared and reloaded the epg, but this doesn't do anything either.

The strange thing is that in the npvr log section, no new web.log files have been created during all this - I have attached the logs, but the last one was from a fortnight ago.

Before I try a full uninstall/reinstall of NPVR I thought I should check to see if there were any other options I could try, as I can't think of anything I might have done in the last couple of weeks to affect NEWA, apart from possibly applying an NPVR RC patch set.

thanks,
    tieke
    Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard, HD6450, Athlon X2 4800+, Ninja Mini cooler, 1Gig RAM, Antec Fusion Case, 2xHauppauge HVR-3000 DVB-S, win7, 1 MVP

NEWA is activated in the NPVR settings.....correct?

Yes - web server is definitely ticked in the NMT and Web settings page. I have tried unchecking it, restarting the service then re-selecting NMT and re-starting the service, but no change. I have also tried altering the port numbers. I can see that NPVR is listening on the appropriate port, and if I try to connect to an incorrect port my connection errors out rather than hanging.
    Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard, HD6450, Athlon X2 4800+, Ninja Mini cooler, 1Gig RAM, Antec Fusion Case, 2xHauppauge HVR-3000 DVB-S, win7, 1 MVP

Problem fixed - reinstalled NPVR over top of the current install and now everything working - no idea how I mucked it up in the first place, but I'll leave well enough alone

Quote Originally Posted by tieke View Post
    Problem fixed - reinstalled NPVR over top of the current install and now everything working - no idea how I mucked it up in the first place, but I'll leave well enough alone
    Thaks for reporting back on the fix.

Cheers

TV Gudie stop working

I'm really at a lost here, my TV Guide has been working great "until" I replaced my HVR 1600 with a HDHR now I cannot get the TV Guide to display anything all other process's in NEWA is still working without any problems just my TV Guide is blank. I have reinstalled NEWA 1.21 also re-install nextpvr with no luck. See attached log file, any help would be great.

thanks
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by dljones8053 View Post
    I'm really at a lost here, my TV Guide has been working great "until" I replaced my HVR 1600 with a HDHR now I cannot get the TV Guide to display anything all other process's in NEWA is still working without any problems just my TV Guide is blank. I have reinstalled NEWA 1.21 also re-install nextpvr with no luck. See attached log file, any help would be great.

thanks
    DJ
    In NPVR's settings try "Empty EPG" followed by "Update EPG". It's known to cure same cases of disappearing tv guides in NEWA

Quote Originally Posted by Sykor View Post
    In NPVR's settings try "Empty EPG" followed by "Update EPG". It's known to cure same cases of disappearing tv guides in NEWA
    That did the trick thanks, I have to do that once a long time ago to get it to display so had forgot that little trick, thanks for you quick replay and support as always

DJ
    Server Backend running Nextpvr 3.2.9 on Windows 7 64bit
    ASUS M4A785T-M AMD Quad Core 8GB Memory
    Internal SSD 250GB OS , w/2 SATA 3TB and 500GB

NAS
    Netgear Duo v2 with 3TB Raid 1
    NAS320 with 4TB Raid 1

Clients
    Zotac Mini ION PC Windows 7 64bit
    Acer Latpop AMD Quad core Windiows 64bit
    NMT Popcorn Hour A100 and A110
    NMT HDX 1000
    2014 Samsung Model H5500

Network
    16 Port GB Switch
    All Wireless AP running 11n only 2.4 and 5 mhz.