Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: NEWA -> Stream = delete recording?

  1. #1

    NEWA -> Stream = delete recording?

    I tried this with 3 different videos:
    Went to Manage Recordings and pressed the Stream button for a recorded video. Nothing happens in NEWA, but then the video disappears from the list in the Manage Recordings. I looked in the folder where the videos are supposed to be, and thy are missing too.

    One thing, I convert the videos to mp4 after recording is done, so the videos I have in the recording folder are .mp4.

    Let me know if you want me to post any logs.

    TIA
    -ioan

    Edit: weblog attached
    Last edited by ioan; 2011-09-16 at 08:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    5,194
    I do not see the log indicating that any steam was started.....are you blocking pop-ups? There should be a stream pop-up where you configure the streamer settings. Are you seeing that?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas, USA
    Posts
    509
    I'm having the same issue on a fresh install of 2.3.6. Clicked on the Stream button and then BAM, the recording is gone. It's deleted from NPVR and deleted from the recordings folder. One thing that might be a clue is that I had been logged in to the "Config" screen via EWA to change the channel icon setting. Clicked Submit, then clicked TV Guide, then clicked Manage Recordings and then the Stream button for a show. Could still having admin privs cached in Firefox have something to do with this? I also have the Ghostery plugin installed. I can see where that might break functionality but I don't think it should cause recordings to be deleted. The log did a rollover, so it isn't much help right now. I'm recording some "throwaway" shows to test with and will post a log file soon. I did glance at the log (web.log, correct?) and saw no reference to the recording that I clicked on.
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, HD5570, Hauppauge PVR-500, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 3.1.1, 2 Popcorn Hour A-100's and a partridge in a pear tree...
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    So. NH, USA
    Posts
    774
    I also noticed a similar event recently (prior to 2.3.6 I think) when I logged in to NEWA, cancelled a recording that was in progress and the recording was then gone, deleted.
    What, me worry?
    Biostar TZ77B MB | Core i3 2120 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB SSD | 2TB HDD x 2 | Antec 302 Case | Win7x64
    HVR2250 | HDHR Prime | PCH A-110 | PCH A-100 | Harmony 650 & 700 remotes
    Comcast | Schedules Direct w/ mc2xml & UltraXMLTV_Enhancer

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas, USA
    Posts
    509
    I think I found the answer at the end of this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...le-immediately where user perry discovered that the default pointer to VLC was not correct for his system.

    I'm on a system using Windows 7 64-bit so the pointers to VLC were indeed incorrect. Could some logic be added to the code to catch when VLC doesn't launch? It appears that when VLC isn't found that the code jumps to the section for the delete button instead. (A confirm on delete option would be awesome as well! It's far too easy to really screw up on that page.) Is there a way to disable the delete function entirely? I'd be OK with having to go to the NPVR main screen to delete stuff.

    I also noticed one small typo in the page that pops up after clicking Stream. Both lower left selections are labeled Streamer Port. It appears that the second one should be labeled Streamer Priority.

    I must say that overall NEWA is slick! My wife thought it was very cool when I emailed her a link so she could login from work.
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, HD5570, Hauppauge PVR-500, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 3.1.1, 2 Popcorn Hour A-100's and a partridge in a pear tree...
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    I also noticed a similar event recently (prior to 2.3.6 I think) when I logged in to NEWA, cancelled a recording that was in progress and the recording was then gone, deleted.
    Canceling a recording does cause it to delete. Been that way since the start of NEWA......basically you won't end up with a partial recording.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    I'm having the same issue on a fresh install of 2.3.6. Clicked on the Stream button and then BAM, the recording is gone. It's deleted from NPVR and deleted from the recordings folder. One thing that might be a clue is that I had been logged in to the "Config" screen via EWA to change the channel icon setting. Clicked Submit, then clicked TV Guide, then clicked Manage Recordings and then the Stream button for a show. Could still having admin privs cached in Firefox have something to do with this? I also have the Ghostery plugin installed. I can see where that might break functionality but I don't think it should cause recordings to be deleted. The log did a rollover, so it isn't much help right now. I'm recording some "throwaway" shows to test with and will post a log file soon. I did glance at the log (web.log, correct?) and saw no reference to the recording that I clicked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    I think I found the answer at the end of this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...le-immediately where user perry discovered that the default pointer to VLC was not correct for his system.

    I'm on a system using Windows 7 64-bit so the pointers to VLC were indeed incorrect. Could some logic be added to the code to catch when VLC doesn't launch? It appears that when VLC isn't found that the code jumps to the section for the delete button instead. (A confirm on delete option would be awesome as well! It's far too easy to really screw up on that page.) Is there a way to disable the delete function entirely? I'd be OK with having to go to the NPVR main screen to delete stuff.

    I also noticed one small typo in the page that pops up after clicking Stream. Both lower left selections are labeled Streamer Port. It appears that the second one should be labeled Streamer Priority.

    I must say that overall NEWA is slick! My wife thought it was very cool when I emailed her a link so she could login from work.
    Could be something with an invalid directory causing a fall-through rogue delete.....I'll check into it to see if I can reproduce.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas, USA
    Posts
    509
    Cool. Unexpected errors can cause some fairly odd results sometimes. Thanks for the great app!
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, HD5570, Hauppauge PVR-500, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 3.1.1, 2 Popcorn Hour A-100's and a partridge in a pear tree...
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    24
    I'm having the same issue where the Stream button is pointing to a cancel operation ("http://serveme:8866/Manage2.aspx?cancel=8133"). I am running NPVR 2.4.3 and using vcl-2.0.1 from the ZIP, non-installer file. In the NEWA config, I'm assigning the directory to the folder that contains the vlc.exe file along with the ending slash. Are there any logs that might be helpful in tracking down this issue?
    If the Stream button can't work correctly, is there a way to hide the Stream button to prevent accidentally clicking on it?
    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbotheone View Post
    I'm having the same issue where the Stream button is pointing to a cancel operation ("http://serveme:8866/Manage2.aspx?cancel=8133"). I am running NPVR 2.4.3 and using vcl-2.0.1 from the ZIP, non-installer file. In the NEWA config, I'm assigning the directory to the folder that contains the vlc.exe file along with the ending slash. Are there any logs that might be helpful in tracking down this issue?
    If the Stream button can't work correctly, is there a way to hide the Stream button to prevent accidentally clicking on it?
    Thanks.
    Can you post a screen shot of the stream button pointing to the cancel URL......I have gone through the code and am not seeing anything that would cause that......I am also unable to reproduce.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •