Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with volumeosd plugin and 2.2.6

problem with volumeosd plugin and 2.2.6

I have 2.2.6 installed and patch 1. When I play a ripped DVD and change volume (either with my remote or on my computer using the Volume icon in the System Tray), it crashes with the following data from the Details button (the dialog immediately reappears if I click Continue button):

NOTE1: I have the VolumeOSD plugin installed, and have not tried uninstall it to see if the problem goes away.
    NOTE2: I can change volume with LiveTV and recordings with no errors.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NUtility.Base.SimpleMessageBox.GetRenderList()
    at NextPVR.Players.BasePlayer.RefeshOSD()
    at NextPVR.ControllerForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

<snip>
    Last edited by Wakalaka; 2011-09-06 at 04:44 AM.
    NPVR 3.2.9 o XBMC 13.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640 o SchedulesDirect o SAF 6.2.2

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Amplified Leaf antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Western Digital 1 TB SATA2, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, Vizio 47" LCD TV

Was this a one-off or is it reproducible? Does it still crash if the VolumeOSD plugin is not installed?

I can create a version with some extra logging if it's reproducible and it's definitely the VolumeOSD plugin causing it.

It is reproducible and happens only when VolumeOSDPlugin.dll is present in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\Volume. I killed all NPVR items, renamed .dll to .xxx, restarted all NPVR items, and was able to change volume during ripped DVD playback. I then killed all NPVR items, renamed .xxx to .dll, restarted all NPVR items, and was not able to change volume during ripped DVD playback.

Note that I said ripped DVD playback. Playback of a DVD in my DVD drive has no issues with volume changing and your plugin. Strange combination to reproduce the bug.

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Hard drives: Western Digital 1 TB SATA2, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse

Just to say that I have this too - same combination (volumeosd, playing from ripped VIDEO_TS dvd directory etc) although I'm on the previous NPVR version, so it isn't something that has changed in 2.2.6.

cheers,

tieke
    Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard, HD6450, Athlon X2 4800+, Ninja Mini cooler, 1Gig RAM, Antec Fusion Case, 2xHauppauge HVR-3000 DVB-S, win7, 1 MVP

Nothing obvious in the code or logs. Looks like I will need to create a VIDEO_TS copy of a DVD. Unless I can download a sample one from somewhere?

It crashes in NUtiity.dll. Although I can see where it crashes, I can't see why. It crashes because the local variable backgroundUiStatic used in the method NUtility\Base\SimplePopup:GetRenderList() is null. I think this is because the SimplePopupispose() method has been called on the same class and so the backgroundUiStatic is now invalid.

Like Wakalaka said, a strange one. Any help with this one sub?

Use any DVD ripping app, such as DVDFab (this is what I use).

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Nothing obvious in the code or logs. Looks like I will need to create a VIDEO_TS copy of a DVD. Unless I can download a sample one from somewhere?

Thanks Wakalaka. I managed to create a rip using the old DVD ripper plugin for GB-PVR!

It's crashing in the base popup window, not sure why though.

If you set <PromptForResumeDVD>false</PromptForResumeDVD> in config.xml, NextPVR no longer crashes when the volume is changed.

I think when the OSD is being refreshed (because the volume plugin wants to show it's UI) the resume popup message is trying to be shown, but it has been disposed. Sub?

Is this while the resume prompt is still visible, or just after it's gone away, or any time (even a long time) after having seen the resume prompt?