Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walkthroughs for US / Canada users

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    As of this year, only about 14-20% of people browsing the Internet run 1024x768. 80-85% run a higher resolution, a minimum of 1280 wide.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp
    http://www.screenresolution.org/
    Screen width doesn't necessarily equal viewport width, but I'd guess there is an assumption that folks run their browser full-screen. On my 1650-wide, I generally run the browser with a viewport of ca. 1024, because many (most?) sites seem to be designed for that width. But, that's just me
    npvr 3.2.9/win7/msi880gma-e53/athlonIIx3-445/radeon6450/colossus/hvr2250/hdhrdual/hdhrprime/1tb disk/3gb ram/dch3400/comcast/schedulesdirect

I would like to help on this as well I have come from wmc for about 5years now and it just dose not do as it should any more. I set up npvr after playing with mediaportal for a month but was unable to get it change channels with the hauppauge ir blaster or firewire. NPVR was up in the time it took to install firewire working with out much fuse the only thing now is ac3 audio if any one can help with that I all ready have a HD-PVR and Colossus walkthrough done with that last part out and remote setup.

The Win7 dtv-dvd audio decoder (and maybe Vista?) does not work for AC3 with 3rd party apps like NPVR. Therefore you need to install a AC3 decoder. I use AC3 Filter as it works well for me, but I don't bitstream or do anything fancy (it offers a of features, I just don't use them, they might work fine). It is a good starting point to get things working before going on to other decoders that might offer more options.
    HTPC: E7500, Nvidia 9500GT, ATI Theater 650Pro/Firewire Network Recorder/Avermedia Duet A188, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Pro
    Test: Asrock 890GM Pro 3, Athlon X2 255 , internal HD4290, ATI Theater 650Pro, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Home Premium
    Backup: Athlon 3200, Nvidia 7600GT, Network Recorder, NPVR 2.5.5, Win7 Home Premium

Thank you so much for that What I found to work was that I installed wintv after nextpvr and all works well now! I get ac3 in 5.1 for live and recorded tv as well now. Just about done now and so far still varry happy with this app all I have to do now is get my logitech harmony 700 to work and I'm gold. Well I would like to add XBMC as a frontend or just have better fanart in here but that can wait for now.

I have found that when using HD-PVR or Colossus if you use install all the apps of the cd the decoders that are installed work great. To add mkv support I had to install halli and I can play anything I through at it! I'm in the midle of a howto and when done I will post it for reveiw. If some one would look it over for me that would be great I just need to get metadata for TV shows and my remote working then it should be good to go. I'm using a harmony 300 remote and Hauppauge IR Reciver if any one can point me in the right way it would be great. As for comskip I have to wait untill payday to play with that!