Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2.2.6 available (28th August)

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    - added a new method for external apps to easily watch live tv streams from NextPVR. For example, on a client machine with VLC, open a network connection to http://<server>:8866/live?channel=2 to watch channel 2.
    This is quite dinky and ideal for obscure devices that no one would ever write a client for, but the VLC guys have ported it.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    This is quite dinky and ideal for obscure devices that no one would ever write a client for, but the VLC guys have ported it.
    Yep, though it doesnt have to be VLC. You'll find some software or media extenders etc can play these streams just fine by themselves.

Yep, though it doesnt have to be VLC. You'll find some software or media extenders etc can play these streams just fine by themselves.
    Bandwidth requirements notwithstanding, with the NetworkRecorder plugin NextPVR can even connect to another NextPVR system using this http interface.

Martin

It's a real shame that the Roku boxes can't handle MPEG2 natively since this sounds like it might be an easy way to get live TV capability into this inexpensive device.

You can download 2.2.6 from http://www.gbpvr.com/NPVRSetup_2_2_6.exe.
    From the change log:

- added a new method for external apps to easily watch live tv streams from NextPVR. For example, on a client machine with VLC, open a network connection to http://<server>:8866/live?channel=2 to watch channel 2
    Wow!!! I see italian TV channel from my smartphone Samsung Galaxy Giņ (using MX Video Player free) over wi-fi

Cool.

Just tried getting the latest version of this file and AVIRA pops it up as using Download_using_mediaget.exe a trojan warning! Whats up with that?

No idea. I'm not sure what Download_using_mediaget.exe is. It's not a nextpvr file, and not included with the installer.

I'm pretty sure this is just something odd happening on your machine, or we would have heard about it from other users.

Quote Originally Posted by divinehammer View Post
    Just tried getting the latest version of this file and AVIRA pops it up as using Download_using_mediaget.exe a trojan warning! Whats up with that?
    I have AVIRA and see no warnings with the installation file on downloading or scanning. The filename appears looks like a download manager, have you a download manager browser extension?
    Silverstone LC10M with iMON
    Gigabyte 780G+4850e, AMD 6570
    Blackgold BGT3620, Harmony 555 Remote
    Win7 32-bit, SAF

Looks like mediaget is a torrent manager.
    I've just re-downloaded and no warnings for me.