Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to prevent default screen background?

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    sub - did you miss the post above from yesterday? or are you just ignoring me?
    I missed this post, but did see the one above it. I did get busy, and didn't get a chance to come back and look at it.

Is there any chance you able to knock up an empty skeleton plugin that exhibits the problem? This is probably what I would have had to do, and would help me find the cause quicker.

Thanks - I'll see what I can do...

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Is there any chance you able to knock up an empty skeleton plugin that exhibits the problem? This is probably what I would have had to do, and would help me find the cause quicker.
    I started with the FixedImage screensaver code you made available some time ago as a base for the Skel plugin (using Visual C# 2008 Express). I've attached the plugin, the skin and the .cs file - if you need the full project, let me know.

The plugin starts with the "block-extras-black" element included in the renderlist - the Right Arrow key toggles between including and excluding the element- any other key exits. The high CPU usage does not happen immediately the plugin starts - I have to wait for a minute or so...

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've found the cause and fixed it for the next release.

Thanks sub - would you be able to give me a rough idea of what the problem was?

Alex

There was a special flags used to indicate if the datetime needing to be rendered (like time has changed since last show) should be taken into account when deciding if the screen needed to be displayed. This flag only applied when running as a screensaver, not as a regular plugin, so it was causing the screen to be regenerated.

This sounds very similar to what I thought was fixed before:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51308

Does this new fix only relate to the NMT?

Yes, it only related to the NMT. It was related to that previous discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    There was a special flags used to indicate if the datetime needing to be rendered (like time has changed since last show) should be taken into account when deciding if the screen needed to be displayed. This flag only applied when running as a screensaver, not as a regular plugin, so it was causing the screen to be regenerated.
    Thanks sub - the older I get, the more curious I become...
    Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    This sounds very similar to what I thought was fixed before:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51308

Does this new fix only relate to the NMT?
    Interesting thread - I was out of action at the time, so I missed it first time around...

Alex