Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: telnet to PCH does not work

telnet to PCH does not work

I did not want to add too much new trash to the other thread, so I am starting this one. I tried restarting the server and also reinstalling mvpmcx2 using NMTInstall2. Both cases give me the same cannot find telnet error. This is both from run and dos prompts.
    Server= Asus M3A78-EM, 4 gigs ram, AMD A64 5200+, Windows 7 home premium 32, 1 HVR-1800, 1 PCH A-100, Test Rig, Biostar 880g+, AMD X2 260, 4 gb ram, Windows, 7 Home Premium 32, 1 DCR-2650 cablecard tuner

I am assuming that is with your new USB install, does it work if you start from a share?

Martin

Perhaps I am confused or I confused you.

I have the usb working and able to view all shows and live TV from the PCH, but I was not able to get the WOL to work. So, per your suggestion, I am trying to telnet the PCH.

From my vista server, I opened the run command and typed "telnet ip_of_pch" (no quotes) That is when I get a windows error message the telnet is not found. So at my server, I renamed my old mvpmc folder (that is still there prior to my setting up the usb stick) to "old" and reinstalled mvpmc using your installer. I did this to see if it would help reinstall telnet. However it did not make a difference and I still get the same error when I type the telnet command from this server.
    Server= Asus M3A78-EM, 4 gigs ram, AMD A64 5200+, Windows 7 home premium 32, 1 HVR-1800, 1 PCH A-100, Test Rig, Biostar 880g+, AMD X2 260, 4 gb ram, Windows, 7 Home Premium 32, 1 DCR-2650 cablecard tuner

I thought you had it working and were testing from XP. The Windows telnet client should be able to be installed in Vista/Win7 through the Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Feature On and Off

I actually use and prefer another telnet program called Putty but I use telnet a lot.

Martin

Bingo,
    I did not realize I had to install/turn on telnet. From telnet I got it to WOL my server. I assume my npvr.cgi is the problem. Here is what I copied off editpad pro:

#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 29";
    echo "Content-type: text/html";
    echo "";

cd ~
    if [ -f /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 ]
    then
    echo "mvmcx2 is loaded";
    else
    mkdir /etc/mvpmc
    mount -t cifs //192.168.1.120/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=root,rw
    cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin
    ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
    ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
    ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
    ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123
    utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
    echo "Telnetd started on port 23............";
    fi
    /etc/mvpmc/ether-wake 00:23:54:0A:AB:CE
    killall gaya
    sh -c /etc/mvpmc/startmeup 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &
    exit 0;

Does that look correct?

Yes, but that is npvr.cgi which is the share version so you would be simply try to wake the server your are on. You need to modify usb_a.cgi

Martin

OK, so that is the problem. Is there a specific place to put the line or can it go at the end?

Thanks, I will report back with SUCCESS

It would be in the same place.

Martin

It works! I feel dumb that I did not use the usb one. I was just following the instructions to the letter. Thanks. I will try to write up a complete guide to my setup so it can be duplicated. I will post it later. Perhaps some of it can be used in the wiki.

Thanks for the patience.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    It works! I feel dumb that I did not use the usb one. I was just following the instructions to the letter. Thanks. I will try to write up a complete guide to my setup so it can be duplicated. I will post it later. Perhaps some of it can be used in the wiki.

Thanks for the patience.
    Soccerdad I think it would be very much appreciated if it could be written up for the wiki. Not that I would know anything about that stuff but I would suggest a good place for it would be in a walkthrough If you decided to do that I would be very happy to help

steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor