Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 54 of 54

Thread: Yet Another RenameRecordings Batch files

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16
    So I adjusted my setup to have "new" episodes of a series be appended with a "*" through mc2xml (For people interested in this functionality, you can find it here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...-quot-episodes)

    However, this appending of "*" caused the renaming batch script to fail. In fact, it ended up removing the recording entries from the db completely. I think it is likely something to do with the "*" being a special character. I ended up modifying the batch files to remove the "*" if it exists to prevent this issue from happening. It may be good to add this (or perhaps a cleaner way of doing it) to the batch file in case others run into this.

    This is the line I added in the "Clear the rubbish out of the title" section:

    REM Remove trailing * for new episodes
    if "%title:~-1%"=="*" set title=%title:~0,-2%

    If it ends with a "*", remove the last two characters

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by vgossain View Post
    So I adjusted my setup to have "new" episodes of a series be appended with a "*" through mc2xml (For people interested in this functionality, you can find it here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...-quot-episodes)

    However, this appending of "*" caused the renaming batch script to fail. In fact, it ended up removing the recording entries from the db completely. I think it is likely something to do with the "*" being a special character. I ended up modifying the batch files to remove the "*" if it exists to prevent this issue from happening. It may be good to add this (or perhaps a cleaner way of doing it) to the batch file in case others run into this.

    This is the line I added in the "Clear the rubbish out of the title" section:

    REM Remove trailing * for new episodes
    if "%title:~-1%"=="*" set title=%title:~0,-2%

    If it ends with a "*", remove the last two characters
    Or you could try using "set subtitle=%subtitle:*=-%" and it SHOULD remove the asterisks from the titles.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,393
    use "set subtitle=%subtitle: *=%" to Remove it instead of replacing it with a dash...
    [notice i included the space before * so it replaces as a group, don't worry it won't replace single spaces elsewhere]

    that process should be used on all title names as many have the */new mod..
    there are also more bad char substitutions that are needed as well,i'll try to find my list..

    and use this to detect running processes without any external programs...[tasklist available by default in xp thru win7]
    Code:
    set image=ffmpeg.exe
    rem checks if %image% running and sets %errorlevel% 1 if it isn't...
    @TASKLIST|findstr /I /B /c:"%image% ">NUL
    @if %errorlevel% equ 0 @echo %image% is Running!!
    from my batch tips page...
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...-it-s-path-too!
    Last edited by pBS; 2012-06-16 at 07:09 AM.
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by vgossain View Post
    So I adjusted my setup to have "new" episodes of a series be appended with a "*" through mc2xml (For people interested in this functionality, you can find it here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...-quot-episodes)

    However, this appending of "*" caused the renaming batch script to fail. In fact, it ended up removing the recording entries from the db completely. I think it is likely something to do with the "*" being a special character. I ended up modifying the batch files to remove the "*" if it exists to prevent this issue from happening. It may be good to add this (or perhaps a cleaner way of doing it) to the batch file in case others run into this.

    This is the line I added in the "Clear the rubbish out of the title" section:

    REM Remove trailing * for new episodes
    if "%title:~-1%"=="*" set title=%title:~0,-2%

    If it ends with a "*", remove the last two characters
    Good idea.

    TBH I've moved on to MediaPortal instead of NextPVR now. I got fed up with all the reliability issues etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •