Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 189

Thread: Saf6

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,076
    SAF v.6.1.9 released:
    - LAVF updated to 0.55.1
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4499
    - MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.6.6.6525
    - enabled LAV Audio decoder try icon by default
    - added write protected check to SAF unlocker
    - updated SAF installer
    - CyberLink Video/SP Filter updated 8.4.6940.3427 (*unlocked* SAF only)
    - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD12) updated to 1.0.1130.4510 (*unlocked*
    SAF only*)
    - removed FFDshow DXVA decoder from Intel QuickSync profile
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    121
    Hi,
    I'm having some problems with latest SAF and NPVR. I'm still using WinXP so I'm hoping thats not the problem.
    I'm using the locked SAF with LAVF video decoder and default settings (software dxva I think).
    (1) skipping forwards or backwards is erratic, it seems to keep the i-frame from before the skip and morph it into the video from after the skip. Often it plays audio for about 1 or 2 seconds then freezes and needs a skip or two to get it started again.
    (2) on one channel only (a hd channel) the audio is always out of sync and every second the volume dips briefly and sometimes makes a 'click' noise.
    Any suggestions? I can provide more information if needed.
    Thanks
    WinXP SP3, Asus M4A785D-M Pro, tinytwin DVB-T usb tuner (AF9015), mce remote, Saf, NPVR

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by spotty View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having some problems with latest SAF and NPVR. I'm still using WinXP so I'm hoping thats not the problem.
    I'm using the locked SAF with LAVF video decoder and default settings (software dxva I think).
    (1) skipping forwards or backwards is erratic, it seems to keep the i-frame from before the skip and morph it into the video from after the skip. Often it plays audio for about 1 or 2 seconds then freezes and needs a skip or two to get it started again.
    (2) on one channel only (a hd channel) the audio is always out of sync and every second the volume dips briefly and sometimes makes a 'click' noise.
    Any suggestions? I can provide more information if needed.
    Thanks
    1) Use PDVD 12 decoder - check PM how to unlock SAF
    2) I had similar issue on WinXP. It no longer ocur since i moved to Win7.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3

    Need unlocked SAF filters

    Hello, Hoborg,

    I have problems seeing the video using NPVR on Windows 8. I was told to:

    ---Quote (Originally by aedwall)---
    UPDATE: I am now able to get audio but no video picture. I installed AC3 Filter and changed the settings to recognize it. I didn't have audio before - now I do.
    ---End Quote---
    This is probably a decoder issue. Lots of us use SAF to get all the decoders that anyone could need. Send a Private Message to Hoborg to get the "unlocked" version.

    Can you please help?

    Thank you.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by aedwall View Post
    Hello, Hoborg,

    I have problems seeing the video using NPVR on Windows 8. I was told to:

    ---Quote (Originally by aedwall)---
    UPDATE: I am now able to get audio but no video picture. I installed AC3 Filter and changed the settings to recognize it. I didn't have audio before - now I do.
    ---End Quote---
    This is probably a decoder issue. Lots of us use SAF to get all the decoders that anyone could need. Send a Private Message to Hoborg to get the "unlocked" version.

    Can you please help?

    Thank you.
    Hi.
    There is no need to install any other audio/video decoder if you have unlocked SAF installed. LAV audio decoder support AC3 just fine.
    Maybe you enabled audio passthrough durning SAF install and you do not have reciever?
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    19
    Hello Hoborg

    I sent you a PM. Please drop me the unlock procedure. Thanks for the great work.

    txs.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by pvrdiy View Post
    Hello Hoborg

    I sent you a PM. Please drop me the unlock procedure. Thanks for the great work.

    txs.
    Hi.
    Check PM
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5
    Hi Hoborg

    I'm running SAF 6.1.9 unlocked with recommended setting and all video playback is fine incl DXVA. But I'm surprised to see that I dont get 5.1 surround sound for .wmv files in NPVR. .vob and other types work fine. The .wmv files gives 5.1 sound in MPC-HP.

    In the task-bar icon, I can see that .wmv files uses FFDSHOW and the other files types uses LAV. I get 5.1 in LAV even if the LAV Audio config is specifying "Stereo". Changing this seems to do no difference.

    Q1: Can FFDSHOW give me 5.1 sound for wmv ? (I cannot find any setting for this)
    Q2: What is the meaning of the LAV Audio Config (With mixing and Stereo/5.1 etc) ?

    Thanks for all your work with SAF. The video parts are all just excellent.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Czech Rep.
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by viking4dk View Post
    Hi Hoborg

    I'm running SAF 6.1.9 unlocked with recommended setting and all video playback is fine incl DXVA. But I'm surprised to see that I dont get 5.1 surround sound for .wmv files in NPVR. .vob and other types work fine. The .wmv files gives 5.1 sound in MPC-HP.

    In the task-bar icon, I can see that .wmv files uses FFDSHOW and the other files types uses LAV. I get 5.1 in LAV even if the LAV Audio config is specifying "Stereo". Changing this seems to do no difference.

    Q1: Can FFDSHOW give me 5.1 sound for wmv ? (I cannot find any setting for this)
    Q2: What is the meaning of the LAV Audio Config (With mixing and Stereo/5.1 etc) ?

    Thanks for all your work with SAF. The video parts are all just excellent.
    Hi.
    SAF have wma audio disabled in LAV audio decoder, becouse support is not completed for all formats. Instead, SAF using Microsoft DMO WMA audio decoder over FFDshow. If you want to use WMA in LAV audio decoder, go to LAV audio decoder configuration and enable WMA.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

    My HTPC

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    308

    Question Unlock Request

    Can I please get an unlock? I want to try SAF

    UPDATE: PM received. THANKS HOBRing!
    Last edited by observer_11; 2013-02-09 at 02:23 PM.
    .

    HTPC Server: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 768Mb RAM, Gigabyte 6200 AGP, Hauppauge 500MCE Capture Tuner, WinXP Pro SP3 (concurrent users), NPVR 2.5.9
    Client1: PCH A110 Client2: AMD Opteron 2.6Ghz, 2Gb DDR, ATI 1650, WinXP Pro SP3, NPVR 2.5.9 Client3: Intel E6420, 2Gb RAM, XFX Radeon HD 7850, WinXP Pro SP3, NPVR 2.5.9 Client 4: Intel E2120, 4Gb DDR2, Nvidia 7600GS, Vista SP1 32-bit, NPVR 2.5.9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •