Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Saf6

BTW, if anyone interested to try, here is SAF 6.1.4 WIP build with DVD decoding over LAV Video decoder.
    I am just testing it now, so you can too
    http://hobring.esero.net/saf/binary/saf614_WIP.exe
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

I did some test and it seems that LAVF DVD decoding working really good. I have some homemade DVDs which was not showing highlighted menus if FFDshow/PDVD video decoders was in use. Now all just working
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
    Hi all.
    Anyone still using Monogram AAC or DivX AAC decoder?
    I think both are obsolete now, fully replaced by LAV Audio decoder, so there are no reason to be still part of SAF.

What do you think?
    The DivX AAC decoder has definitely been replaced by LAV on my HTPC (I think I sent you the original DivX AAC Codec) Only thing it did better was Stereo to 5.1 up converting using the prologicII info that was still in the AAC stream. Maybe LAV will do this sooner or later.

Not sure about Monogram - used to be only one that would work in NZ

Just downloaded 14WIP - does LAV DVD do DXVA?

Also MPC-HC is up to v 16.4.6052 stable & DXVA Checker is up to 2.9.1 - you still have older versions.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    The DivX AAC decoder has definitely been replaced by LAV on my HTPC (I think I sent you the original DivX AAC Codec) Only thing it did better was Stereo to 5.1 up converting using the prologicII info that was still in the AAC stream. Maybe LAV will do this sooner or later.

Not sure about Monogram - used to be only one that would work in NZ

Just downloaded 14WIP - does LAV DVD do DXVA?

Also MPC-HC is up to v 16.4.6052 stable & DXVA Checker is up to 2.9.1 - you still have older versions.
    Hi.
    No DXVA ATM, but in future maybe
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

LAV video decoder doesn't play UK HD content (black screen) and skipping on SD content is crap.
    Didn;t try with anything else or play with any settings.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Quote Originally Posted by Sykor View Post
    Probably an additional audio track with a voice-over describing what is happening on screen when no one's talking?

@OTAJunkie: Check LAV Splitter's settings, regarding audio and subtitle track's selection priorities. SAF has english as default tracks choosen. Whatever changes you make, will be replaced to the default one's when reinstalling/upgrading.
    To fix that I have a .reg file with my personal settings, for post-install reconfigure.
    This just started in the US. Effective July 1, TV broadcasts in the larger markets are required to provide an audio channel with a description of the visual action. This is carried on the "Second Audio Channel" (SAP). Here, both channels are in English so the language selection won't work. And not all programs have this feature.

It appears that they made the voice-over channel the first or default audio. This is fine for the visually impaired, but is annoying to others. The standard audio channel can be selected in NPVR, but with comskip running, it resets to the default after each commercial skip.

Does your reg file correct this? If so, could you share it with us. Eventually, we may need some way to retain the audio selection for each TV channel.

emr

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    LAV video decoder doesn't play UK HD content (black screen) and skipping on SD content is crap.
    Hi.
    For now i am only planing to use LAV video decoder for DVDs only.
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    Actually LAV Video Decoder *does* play UK HD [well Freeview HD anyway] in Zoomplayer but not in NPVR as you say so I assume that's an NPVR issue or maybe LAV Video Decoder is a bit tricky and Zoomplayer has special support.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Blackgold Technology BGT3620 DVB-T2 card

Hi.
    I just updated saf614_WIP.exe - Nev fixed some DVD menu navigation issues
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by crossnet View Post
    Does your reg file correct this? If so, could you share it with us. Eventually, we may need some way to retain the audio selection for each TV channel.
    It does not. All it contains is my audio/subtitle priorities (in my case jpn,por,eng for audio and por,eng for subtitles). I know that LAV Splitter supports advanced rules for subtitle selection, but that scheme is not implemented when it comes to audio selection. Since your issue is the SAP tracks being selected as default, I'm not sure how you'll solve it. It all comes down to broadcasters implementing things the right way, which they rarely do...