Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Saf6

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Hi Hoborg

On the doom9 LAV thread it says at the start that it will look for the Arcsoft dts dll in the same directory as LAVAudio.ax - But you may well be correct - I didn't read the following 501 pages of posts so carefully

On the second Question - I am waiting with breath held
    I tested it yesterday and it is working correctly

And me to, i am waiting to downmix to stereo fearure - to send audio over HDMI to TV instead of stereo speakers.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Hi, been using SAF for a bit and have a question now I have just upgraded my video card. Going from a AMD6450 to 6570 I now seeing the FFDSHOW DXVA decoder being used as default (rather than the base FFDSHOW Video decoder). This though now gives brief picture pixelisation when skipping in (H264) MKV files that is not there with the base decoder (or LAV which I tried). Is this normal? I am thinking of sticking with LAV but I think I read that this restricts using subtitles. Thanks
    Silverstone LC10M with iMON
    Gigabyte 780G+4850e, AMD 6570
    Blackgold BGT3620, Harmony 555 Remote
    Win7 32-bit, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by b00sfuk View Post
    Hi, been using SAF for a bit and have a question now I have just upgraded my video card. Going from a AMD6450 to 6570 I now seeing the FFDSHOW DXVA decoder being used as default (rather than the base FFDSHOW Video decoder). This though now gives brief picture pixelisation when skipping in (H264) MKV files that is not there with the base decoder (or LAV which I tried). Is this normal? I am thinking of sticking with LAV but I think I read that this restricts using subtitles. Thanks
    Hi.
    I dont have such issues (pixelation). But you can simply disable DXVA decoding - START - SAF - FFDShow DXVA - and untick DXVA acceleration.
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
    Hi.
    I dont have such issues (pixelation). But you can simply disable DXVA decoding - START - SAF - FFDShow DXVA - and untick DXVA acceleration.
    Yes I've done that thanks, though I prefer currently to use the LAV decoder with DXVA but will probably switch back to the non-DVXA FFDShow decoder if I need subtitles.
    Silverstone LC10M with iMON
    Gigabyte 780G+4850e, AMD 6570
    Blackgold BGT3620, Harmony 555 Remote
    Win7 32-bit, SAF

SAF v.6.1.2 released: (including a long waited LAV downmix to stereo!)
    - LAVF updated to 0.51.2
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4453
    - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD12) updated to 1.0.9700.3709 (*unlocked* SAF Only)
    - make downmix to stereo default option (selectable durning SAF install)
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

hurray!

well given that I just discovered my acronis backups are all useless, I can try this out after I have reinstalled windows..
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    well given that I just discovered my acronis backups are all useless..................
    Ouch

How so? and what version? I've just restored from last week after a disastrous Windows Update with no problem

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    Ouch

How so? and what version? I've just restored from last week after a disastrous Windows Update with no problem
    2010/2011 HE. No idea why and my fault for not testing/verifying them. Acronis will say HD problems but I have not seen any i/o errors to support this so who can say what the cause was (besides a bug)
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Hi Hoborg

Installed 12vthis morning - looking good.

Does LAV audio up-mix stereo --> 5.1 surround yet? Mixer setting screen looks as though it should but ears say different

What I would love would be stereo with pro logic II decoding to 5.1 out to reclock then realtek dts spdf to amp - I could do it before with ffdshow but no good for aac.

Them boys on the doom9 forum are a bit too serious for me
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Hi,

I have just recently installed saf612 and NPVR. Some of the video/audio settings in NPVR don't seem right though, can you tell me what the standard settings are?

Thanks
    WinXP SP3, Asus M4A785D-M Pro, tinytwin DVB-T usb tuner (AF9015), mce remote, Saf, NPVR