MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

SAF v.6.0.9 released:
    - LAVF updated to .49
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4379
    - MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.6.1.4139
    - CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD12) updated to 1.0.3300.3630 (*unlocked* SAF Only)
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Hi Hoborg

I installed SAF6Test on Saturday - is this identical to SAF6.09 it is showing 6.09 as the revision number.

I noticed that PDVD merit was set to do not use but the HAM decoder was normal merit - any special reason to use the HAM decoder rather than the other one? I am using the PDVD codec for all H264 / MPEG2 video apart from DVD (SP decoder) with a ATI HD5760.

I understand the HAM decoder only uses Bob or Weave deinterlacing - not vector adaptive.

Thanks for your hard work
    Last edited by Lao Pan; 2012-03-19 at 09:33 AM.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Hi.
    I didnt check it yet, but i am sure that normal PDVD12 decoder is used for LiveTV (the one set in nPVR LiveTV settings).
    I didnt changed merit - this merit is PDVD12 default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Hi Hoborg

I installed SAF6Test on Saturday - is this identical to SAF6.09 it is showing 6.09 as the revision number.

I noticed that PDVD merit was set to do not use but the HAM decoder was normal merit - any special reason to use the HAM decoder rather than the other one? I am using the PDVD codec for all H264 / MPEG2 video apart from DVD (SP decoder) with a ATI HD5760.

I understand the HAM decoder only uses Bob or Weave deinterlacing - not vector adaptive.

Thanks for your hard work
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Thanks
    Set the merits back (well actually merit preferred for the HAM decoder) and looks pretty damn good - might be tempted to try MadVR again!
    Had overheating problems previously but new CPU Cooler + compound seams to have fixed that. (and a 1080p display so no resizing to 720p as before)

Time for new release. I didnt hit any problem, so here it is.

SAF v.6.1.0: (20120426) released!
    - LAVF updated to 0.50.2
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4437
    - MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.6.2.4360

BTW, LAV audio decoder 44.1 AC3/DTS passthrough should be fixed - please try it. And try DTS in WAV passthrough too if possible,
    Thanks.
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

SAF v.6.1.1: (20120520) released!
    - LAVF updated to 0.50.5
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Hi Hoborg

Just installed latest SAF 6.1.1 (unlocked) and while nosing around I noticed that the arcsoft dts dll was not in the same folder as LAVAudio.ax but there was a copy in System32 - when you moved the LAV - FFDshow - PDVD files to Program Files/SAF, I think you should have moved the dts dll location as well - If indeed you have it in your installer - Not sure how long its been like that but I just copied it over & tried a DTSMA Video and almost got blown out the back of the room

With my new TV I get a Video lag of about 100ms which means I can now only use LAV (Audio Delay set at 100ms) not DivX (no settings)for UK HD aac programs. 5.1 programming sounds good but stereo only comes from left and right speakers and is much louder - any chance of putting in a request for an option to expand stereo to 5.1 same as the DivX codec?

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Hi Hoborg

Just installed latest SAF 6.1.1 (unlocked) and while nosing around I noticed that the arcsoft dts dll was not in the same folder as LAVAudio.ax but there was a copy in System32 - when you moved the LAV - FFDshow - PDVD files to Program Files/SAF, I think you should have moved the dts dll location as well - If indeed you have it in your installer - Not sure how long its been like that but I just copied it over & tried a DTSMA Video and almost got blown out the back of the room

With my new TV I get a Video lag of about 100ms which means I can now only use LAV (Audio Delay set at 100ms) not DivX (no settings)for UK HD aac programs. 5.1 programming sounds good but stereo only comes from left and right speakers and is much louder - any chance of putting in a request for an option to expand stereo to 5.1 same as the DivX codec?
    Hi.
    If i am not wrong LAV audio decoder should locate the dll even in system folder.
    Audio up/downmix is planed in LAV soon, we just need to wait.
    My projects:
    MCE standby tool addon
    My easy Amiga emulation
    HOBRing

My HTPC

Hi Hoborg

On the doom9 LAV thread it says at the start that it will look for the Arcsoft dts dll in the same directory as LAVAudio.ax - But you may well be correct - I didn't read the following 501 pages of posts so carefully

On the second Question - I am waiting with breath held