Thread: DefaultAlt skin

DefaultAlt skin

I have no idea if anyone will be interested in this but while I was playing around with channel logos I decided I had better have a look at how they looked with the Default skin & wellllll....... so after modifying a number of the logos I was working on I also did some quick tweaks to the Default skin to make them display a little better with it.

If you want to give it a look/play just create a new directory in your dataDirectory\NPVR\Skin (I called mine DefaultAlt) then copy the contents from Default into it after this copy the content of the attached zip into it overwriting the three files... open NextPVR & change your selected skin to DefaultAlt in the General sections of settings, restart NextPVR & all should be go.

If you decide to delete your new directory remember to go into settings before doing so & change your selected skin otherwise you will have to edit config.xml with notepad to change skins

I have just updated the attachment with a few tweaks & new screen captures.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jaggy; 2014-02-17 at 12:32 AM. Reason: updated version

Hi Jaggy

Thanks for that - in the end I went for a hybrid: Your Event Details Popup, Default Recordings and comparing yours and the default TV Guide managed to do an 8 channel guide - The icons at 7 were a bit big on a 50" screen. This skin stuff isn't very intuitive is it My head hurts now.
    By the way you missed a couple of bits - need to shrink the date and stretch the timeline to match the new guide size.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

It was just a play on my part, not a serious effort...... in total I didn't spend more than 25 minutes on it..... & yeah you're right I did completely forget about the date & timeline....oops.... fixed now & I will upload an updated version in a couple of hours. One of the reasons I dropped it to 7 channels was I wanted it to wrap the text for the channel name for longer named channels for ones that have no logo, refer attached image
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have now updated the attachment (& screen shots) in the first post of this thread with the tweaks.

8 "Lane" TV Guide

For anyone who would prefer 8 Channels to show at a time here is a Modified Version of the TVGuide (16:9 Only)
    The included Global.xml has reduced minimum text sizing to make the Channel no's and timeline text smaller - looks better on a large screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives