Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New External App: Netflix Viewer

New External App: Netflix Viewer

Hi All,

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Update October 20, 2014
    I received an email from the API manager at Netflix indicating
    that they are not considering additional partnerships,
    so my program will cease to function after 11/14/14.
    Thank you for your support over the last 8 years!
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

This forum is for providing online help for the Netflix TX Viewer program. Please post any problems on this forum and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

TO DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM GO TO: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=348

Please rate my application at the netflix website: http://www.netflix.com/AppDisplay?id...r=apgl-it-2121

PLEASE SEE THE HELP.CHM FILE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT PROGRAM FUNCTIONALITY.

-DH
    Last edited by dhgb256; 2014-10-20 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Netflix Viewer

Hi dhgb256, it's me! Would you post the eventhost file? I want to setup my client pc to use your app now since this in release mode, and I use a MCE remote on that. Thanks!
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Win8, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, 6 GB (2GBx2, 1GBx2) DDR2 800, GIGABYTE GV-N220OC-1GI Video, CM Real Power Pro 550 Watt PS, HVR-2250 & HVR-1600 analog/Clear QAM, Realtek S/PDIF, Harmony 880 in MCE remote mode w/ Gestion LM Remote Keymap.
    NPVR 2.5.9 (SAF6) Cyberlink video & LAV/ffdshow Audio Filters. Skin=Default Horizontal
    Plugins: Weather
    External Apps: XBMC, Hulu, Boxee, Winamp
    Utilities:Comskip

There you go.
    HTPC: Foxxconn -case w/ 300W PSU, 2 x 80 mm case fans, Foxxconn A74MX-K, ATI Radeon 4550 1GB PCIE x16, AMD X2 4850e 45W, 4GB OCZ DDR800, Windows XP Home/SP3, Hauppauge HVR-2250 dual tuner, K-lite 5.75 FFDShow video & audio, ATIdvcr Decoder, VMR9

Hauppauge users... use lower case f instead of uppercase F – Full screen during movie play. Changed from F7
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Win8, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, 6 GB (2GBx2, 1GBx2) DDR2 800, GIGABYTE GV-N220OC-1GI Video, CM Real Power Pro 550 Watt PS, HVR-2250 & HVR-1600 analog/Clear QAM, Realtek S/PDIF, Harmony 880 in MCE remote mode w/ Gestion LM Remote Keymap.
    NPVR 2.5.9 (SAF6) Cyberlink video & LAV/ffdshow Audio Filters. Skin=Default Horizontal

I also forgot to add the Ctrl-Y to the description, I am adding now. This allows you to change the sort order of the movie list.
    HTPC: Foxxconn -case w/ 300W PSU, 2 x 80 mm case fans, Foxxconn A74MX-K, ATI Radeon 4550 1GB PCIE x16, AMD X2 4850e 45W, 4GB OCZ DDR800, Windows XP Home/SP3, Hauppauge HVR-2250 dual tuner, K-lite 5.75 FFDShow video & audio, ATIdvcr Decoder, VMR9

Hi DH,

I like the sort feature. That was a good addition!

When I search for an actor and press "All" to see all the movies the actor has been in I get a error, if I select continue and use a specific Genre it works fine with anything but All. Do I need to update my database again (reluctantly asking). Something about "Stars" was in the error.

Also, something seems a little different with frmInfoScreen. After using F10 and it returns to full screen, it takes 2 remote button presses to pause play or stop for example. Is this something I just never noticed before? I do not remember it doing this.
    Last edited by Snooze; 2009-11-10 at 05:13 AM. Reason: changed word crash to error

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Hi DH,

I like the sort feature. That was a good addition!

When I search for an actor and press "All" to see all the movies the actor has been in I get a error, if I select continue and use a specific Genre it works fine with anything but All. Do I need to update my database again (reluctantly asking). Something about "Stars" was in the error.

Also, something seems a little different with frmInfoScreen. After using F10 and it returns to full screen, it takes 2 remote button presses to pause play or stop for example. Is this something I just never noticed before? I do not remember it doing this.
    Oops, I guess I should have had this beta tested before putting it out here as an update. I'll get the error fixed, you won't need to change your database. I probably forgot to update the query call to include the stars category.

As for the remote presses, I'm guessing that the movie watcher is losing focus. I was having problems with this a while back and the program would stop responding to remote key presses, so I set it up such that if the movie watcher loses focus the first key press brings the viewer back into focus and the second performs the desired function. Does this only happen when coming out of the info screen? And is it only in full screen, or not in full screen? Let me know the specifics and I'll see if I can improve the functionality.

Thanks as always!

Quote Originally Posted by dhgb256 View Post
    Does this only happen when coming out of the info screen? And is it only in full screen, or not in full screen? Let me know the specifics and I'll see if I can improve the functionality.Thanks as always!
    You can't get anything by me I am thinking its because I use your app a lot that I find these things for you.

As for your questions; Yes after exiting out of info screen, and Yes only in full screen after exiting info screen and it does the auto go back to full screen thing. This is the only time it seems to do it from what I notice. If I exit full screen to do anything else it does not seem to lose focus.

EDIT: Oh, and cycling through the new sort feature is acting real weird for me. It seems the second time through it isn't in the same order and doesn't stay at the top of the list. I am assuming this has something to do with the stars query call too.
    Last edited by Snooze; 2009-11-11 at 02:09 AM.

Is there a certain skin or other utility you have to install to use this plugin? I am getting a not found error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    at WrapNetflix.InstantQueue.Refresh()
    at WrapNetflix.Queue.get_Count()
    at Netflix.Module1.DownloadQueue()
    at Netflix.NetflixTXViewer.NetflixTXViewer_Load(Objec t eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

You will need .Net framework 3.5: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en