Inspired by JavaWiz's WizImageGrab, and based on SearchLite's online search engine please find the first beta of imageGrabLite. If you haven't run SearchLite before the searches will get metadata and cover art from thetvdb.com, tvrage.com and themoviedb.org.
You can run it from the command line.for testing or add to the Script batch file(s). It must be run from the NPVR Program Files folder, where it is installed because it uses NPVR plugin dlls.
1) The syntax for single file recordings in ParallelProcessing.bat on 32bit is
"C:\Program Files\NPVR\imageGrabLite.exe" --oid %3
(it uses %3 because it is the real database oid which avoid issues if the file gets renamed)
If you also want to rename it to S##E## notation and get images in PostProcessing.bat
"C:\Program Files\NPVR\imageGrabLite.exe" --oid %3 --rename
2) The syntax for EPG update processing to get new scheduled shows in PostUpdateEPG.bat on 32bit is
"C:\Program Files\NPVR\imageGrabLite.exe" --updateepg
3) If you are using schedules direct or some zap2it based EPG add
--zap2it to stop searching files that aren't marked as movies on themovedb.org.
4) If you want to exclude generic files from searching edit
excluded.txt in the Plugins\SearchLite folder
You can have as many real regular expression searches as you'd like to
exclude any show with news just enter
Regular expression assume *News*
A unique name would be
5) I found there are specific channels that don't return many matches to exclude channels from channels add a line to your Excluded.txt file like this
6) Files that aren't found are marked in Plugins\SearchList\Skips
7) Files that are found are in Media\Shows as .xml and .jpg
If you have trouble compress and upload your imageGrabLite log files and I will have a look.