Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NextPVR Logo Pack

The new logo looks good on the forum page. Kind of a Star Trek font ready for the future!

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

Mhm, i think it could need a little finetuning. It's looking professional, really. But i dislike unharmony. Perhaps NEXT could be a little bigger, so that it's height is matching the "PVR - mediacentre" logo to the right. Now it looks like as the first word were a little bit to high placed, or just to small.

Ok, that's only my taste. And tastes are different. Away from this small cosmetical thing i like this logo.

This one would be more my taste ( i don't talk about the colours, it's just the proportion of 'next' ):
    You like nPVR? Then please help pay the bills, and keep the project alive!

My happy NextPVR family

Frei nach Dieter Nuhr: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningDragon View Post
    Mhm, i think it could need a little finetuning. It's looking professional, really. But i dislike unharmony. Perhaps NEXT could be a little bigger, so that it's height is matching the "PVR - mediacentre" logo to the right. Now it looks like as the first word were a little bit to high placed, or just to small.

Ok, that's only my taste. And tastes are different. Away from this small cosmetical thing i like this logo.

This one would be more my taste ( i don't talk about the colours, it's just the proportion of 'next' ):
    Mr very lovely SD, so long to have not chatted here with you on this forum

I hope you are very well!

Interestingly I have seen this logo tweaked in this way by a top wiki elf. I think the basis is here that with common agreement the Media Centre bit underneath is graphically very good. But what you have said is, I am sure, the kind of thing that Hairy would work into the logo pack for other scenarios?

steeb

My dear steeb, i think it's the circumstance, that you are always busy and working on the (meanwhile) very good wiki.

Yep, i am fine. A load of bad paid work, short on time. But healthy and humorous. And how are you? Do you have a little time for yourself while working so hard on the wiki?

Don't get me wrong, hairys work is (as always) an excellent one. I like this logo really. But with this proportions it looks like as if it was 2 different things. Next on the one, PVR mediacentre on the right side. Next and PVR doesn't seem to be one word. The PVR stamp itself with the mediacentre below looks very simple and professional. I like this type of logos.

Nah, nevermind. Just a few thoughts of and old smart ass like me. XD
    You like nPVR? Then please help pay the bills, and keep the project alive!

My happy NextPVR family

Frei nach Dieter Nuhr: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningDragon View Post
    My dear steeb, i think it's the circumstance, that you are always busy and working on the (meanwhile) very good wiki.
    I take no credit for the wiki. If anyone deserves credit it is McBainUK.

Yep, i am fine. A load of bad paid work, short on time. But healthy and humorous. And how are you? Do you have a little time for yourself while working so hard on the wiki?
    You are always humorous Mr SD, this is why it is great to hear from you! Me no time for myself. I am expecting to be a father for the 1st ime (as far as I know!) it seems like a lot of work...

Don't get me wrong, hairys work is (as always) an excellent one. I like this logo really. But with this proportions it looks like as if it was 2 different things. Next on the one, PVR mediacentre on the right side. Next and PVR doesn't seem to be one word. The PVR stamp itself with the mediacentre below looks very simple and professional. I like this type of logos.
    I would never get you wrong. But I think you have summed up the whole point of the logo. I think Hairy nailed it. It is Next and PVR and Media Centre, but not all together

Nah, nevermind. Just a few thoughts of and old smart ass like me. XD
    Not old, eternally young, smart, yes, ass not

great to hear from you

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Hi Hairy your logo on the top of the forum looks great.
    Sub, it would be nice to change the wiki logo to match.

Current one used is http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pub/PageLogo.gif. Can either update that image file or change the $PageLogoURL value in wiki\local\config.php.

Ok - done. It doesnt come out as nicely on that background though.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Ok - done. It doesnt come out as nicely on that background though.
    Cool, thanks sub, it looks much better than the old one! We are hoping to change the wiki skin to match the new webpages soon anyway, should only be a temporary thing....

cheers

steeb

Top Logo.... Very impressed....
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

I am always impressed with how comparatively simple drawings can look so good when penned by an expert - a skill I am sadly completely lacking.