Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EPG problem V2.1.4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Gloucestershire, England
    Posts
    546

    EPG problem V2.1.4

    Since the update to the new version the EPG does not display scheduled recordings in red although the time line does correctly show that something is due to record in that time slot. Newly added recordings, recurring or one off also donít display and neither a restart nor reboot cure the problem. I have 66 Pending Recordings listed but none appear correctly in the EPG although seem to record correctly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,702
    Can you zip and attach your npvr.db3 file?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Gloucestershire, England
    Posts
    546
    Thanks Sub. Enclosed is the npvr.db3 file.

    As far as I can tell everything else seems to be working as normal. The only thing which may be connected is that three days ago I removed the tuner card and replaced it with a twin tuner. I had to install DVBfix to stop NPVR crashing. After an EPG update test recordings worked but overnight 2 out of 4 recordings failed because the old tuner (UB450-T) is missing. I tried removing the three old tuners in the config.xml file but they just return.

    I have enclosed NRecord.log as there does seem to be a lot of errors during EPG update. I think the errors were there pre update and assumed were related to the failed recordings after replacing the tuner but have had no more failed recordings so assumed the next EPG update sorted out any problems.

    Unexpected error in UpdateRecurringRecording(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NShared.EPGManager.LoadListingsMatchingTitle(Chann el channel, String title)
    at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.UpdateRecurringRecor ding(RecurringRecording recurringRecording)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Gloucestershire, England
    Posts
    546

    Problem Solved!

    Problem Solved or at least worked around
    I did an "Export" and both files looked ok
    I renamed the NPVR data directory so I had a fall back if the import failed.
    Did clean install and scanned for channels.
    Imported the recordings and recurring backup files
    Updated EPG
    All seems to be working correctly

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,702
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    Problem Solved or at least worked around
    Ok - cool. One less thing for me to look at.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    38
    I have exactly the same problem although I haven't changed any tuners or anything else, just upgraded to V2.1.4.

    Don't really fancy having to do what jcjeffries did i.e. export, clean install, import to get this working again.

    If you need any of my logs to look at this just let me know.

    Thanks.
    MSI K9AG-NEO2 Digital using onboard ATI X1250 graphics, 3 X Hauppauge Nova-T PCI, AMD 4450e, 2GB RAM, Vista, latest 1.70 firmware for X1250
    ========================================
    New Zotac Mag

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    I have exactly the same problem although I haven't changed any tuners or anything else, just upgraded to V2.1.4.

    Don't really fancy having to do what jcjeffries did i.e. export, clean install, import to get this working again.

    If you need any of my logs to look at this just let me know.

    Thanks.
    Can you attempt to schedule a recording, then post the npvr.log?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    38
    Have just tried to schedule a recording and the EPG has updated OK. If it happens again I'll post the logs.
    MSI K9AG-NEO2 Digital using onboard ATI X1250 graphics, 3 X Hauppauge Nova-T PCI, AMD 4450e, 2GB RAM, Vista, latest 1.70 firmware for X1250
    ========================================
    New Zotac Mag

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Gloucestershire, England
    Posts
    546
    Unfortunately although my “fix” cured the original EPG problem it uncovered a scanning problem as I had just copied over the channel info from the existing card to the new one. A scan seemed to only find channels on 1 or 2 Mux in the search list. I also noticed that that the TV channels were listed on the wrong MUX. As I had made three changes to the setup over the weekend, new tuner, installed dvbfix and latest NPVR so I reverted to the previous version of the NPVR data directory using the old tuner. This got my NPVR server working again so I could investigate the tuning problems on a separate computer.

    Using the test computer my old Kworld UB450-T scans correctly with and without the DVBfix installed but my new Twin tuner UB499-2T scans only without the fix and scans fail when the fix is installed. What happens is that the tuner finds the first mux and its channels but it finds exactly the same channels on all the other mux so the tuner does not seem to be changing frequency during a scan. I have not previously had to install DVBfix to cure a problem.

    The work around for this “feature” of my new card is to scan without DVBfix then install DVBfix to stop crashes when two concurrent recordings are being made. This seems to have worked as my twin tuner card now works and can also use both tuners to record at the same without a crash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •