Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Music Box 4 - Version 9.1

I'm having problems getting collections to work. I have the path and collection defined in the settings page, but get nothing when selecting the collection in MB4.
    Attachment 30764
    I've tried adding all the subfolders, but this also produces nothing.
    Attachment 30765
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 2TB+ HDDs | 2x Nova DT | ATI HD 5450 | Mobile Pre USB Audio
    Client 1: Win7 N | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge DacMagic
    Client 2: Win7 N | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 |On-board Sound

You need to do a Nuke and Full Scan when you add or modify collections. This logic works like it does in ML3 and it need a major reworking to normalize the database and make it more efficient.

Martin

Just though I'd throw this in the wish list column...

I have most of my music ripped into large .flac files, one file per album with a cue sheet imbedded. I use foobar to do the ripping and cue sheet generation. When you open a .flac file, foobar reads the cuesheet and lists each track as a seperate item in a list (just like it's a bunch of mp3's sorted by track #). You can skip between tracks, shuffle, etc.

So long story short, wishing for the ability to read an embedded cue sheet in a .flac file.

When you are in playlist mode do you see the .cue files? They should expand to show the contents. Currently there is no seeking inside music files but that is on my to do list.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    When you are in playlist mode do you see the .cue files?
    Well No and Yes. The cue sheet for my .flac files are actually embedded within the .flac file so you actually don't have a separate .cue file. If I export the cue sheet to a separate (.cue) file then Yes, I get a list of the tracks when in playlist mode. I can then play the cue sheet like a .m3u file.

Sorry I didn't get the idea of embedded cue in the first post, I didn't know it was an option. I do know a lot of people use flac for gapless playback so .cue files do make sense. I'm expecting the next NPVR release will give me the functionality I need to finalize a few rough edges in MB4 so I can focus on the first major upgrade from ML3.

My plan for the first change is to create an album table in the database to speed up some things and it would make sense to support .flac as an "album" if it has a .cue sheet. I am not sure if MB4 can support cue tag reading via taglib-sharp since sub distributes an older version, but this idea is something that interests me and I will follow up on it.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, but be forewarned, I may ask you to beta test this.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, but be forewarned, I may ask you to beta test this.
    No problem, I'm happy to help. If you need a test file or two, just let me know.