Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Which NMT?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA NTSC ASC
    Posts
    38
    I would love to see an Android version as well. I bought my wife the Logitech Revue google tv box. She watches all her Thai TV on it. I rarely get a chance to use the TV. There was a hack for it before upgrading to the latest android version. So it is wide open. It is doing pretty good at being able to play just about any video I throw at it since the upgrade. Just has trouble with flash based media. And there is talk of vlc media player being supported. Hopefully it is more than just talk. The keyboard controller for this box is really nice.
    GB-PVR 1.4.7, SilconDust HDhomerun Dual Tuner, AMD Phenom 2.6ghz? on Gigabit motherboard with HDMI output, on a 50" Plasma. HD-PVR1212 as my third tuner. And lastly PVR-500 added 4/1/10 as my fourth, and fifth tuners.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lower Hutt, NZ
    Posts
    4,873
    What about the apple TV as a client? with XBMC on it already (when jail broken).

    I'm just hoping the new one announced today will handle a 1080i video stream for our recorded content.
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    I'm just hoping the new one announced today will handle a 1080i video stream for our recorded content.
    It is my impression that these don't support MPEG2 like the Rokus so some conversion might have to be done depending on your source (which makes these devices somewhat useless for me for OTA here in the US).

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lower Hutt, NZ
    Posts
    4,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    It is my impression that these don't support MPEG2 like the Rokus so some conversion might have to be done depending on your source (which makes these devices somewhat useless for me for OTA here in the US).
    That doesn't bother me, the 1080i stream is h.264 here (DVB-T)
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    That doesn't bother me, the 1080i stream is h.264 here (DVB-T)
    Sounds like you have a lot of options over there, then. I'm jealous...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lower Hutt, NZ
    Posts
    4,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot of options over there, then. I'm jealous...
    Lol, the only thing you get to be jealous of me for. Now go away and play with your netflix/hulu/google play/itunes. All things I can't get access to (ok iTunes yes, but it doesn't have tv, and only has out of copyright books).
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,489
    Regarding the Revue it is dead and was never available here in Canada anyway so it's out, but it doesn't support mpeg2 ts files anyway. I am still following Android STB's but they are why behind the media extenders on the market in overall product support.

    The ATV3 is finally interesting and I will likely get one if an untethered XBMC is possible with HD audio. I have good enough live tv support with my NMT's (and more than enough HDMI inputs) that I can swap when necessary, but if the ATV3 works I probably will personally focus more on XBMC PVR. I don't fully understand why anyone would want to replace a beautiful XBMC or Plex interface with NextPVR's.

    Martin

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lower Hutt, NZ
    Posts
    4,873
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Regarding the Revue it is dead and was never available here in Canada anyway so it's out, but it doesn't support mpeg2 ts files anyway. I am still following Android STB's but they are why behind the media extenders on the market in overall product support.

    The ATV3 is finally interesting and I will likely get one if an untethered XBMC is possible with HD audio. I have good enough live tv support with my NMT's (and more than enough HDMI inputs) that I can swap when necessary, but if the ATV3 works I probably will personally focus more on XBMC PVR. I don't fully understand why anyone would want to replace a beautiful XBMC or Plex interface with NextPVR's.

    Martin
    Are you going to get one when it comes out? I probably will, but would prefer to find out if it can play our 1080i first. Then it's a viable A100 replacement (to me)
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,489
    Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Are you going to get one when it comes out? I probably will, but would prefer to find out if it can play our 1080i first. Then it's a viable A100 replacement (to me)
    No, not until XBMC runs perfectly with HD audio so I can compare it with other XBMC players. Apple even on the MAC's doesn't typically support mpeg2 video or even ps/ts formats making it useless for me and I don't see that changing.

    Martin

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    151

    Just got a PCH A-100 off of eBAY

    Just grabbed a PCH A-100 with a 160GB HD for $62.00 this include shipping off of eBay been watching eBay for 4 months for a PCH that would work with NextPVR finally got one.
    Server Backend 06-17-07 Moved to XP MCE. dropped XP 64 due to most plugins not working on a 64bit OS
    AMD 64 3200+ 1024MB 2 NIC with 1Gb connections
    Internal 160GB OS , Raid 0 w/2 SATA 320GB, 500GB USB,
    4.5TB NAS

    Clients
    1 Wired MVP
    Dell 610 Centrino,1.5GB Memory, DVD+-RW/R, 160gig HD
    IBM R31 1Ghz CPU, 768 Memory DVD 60gig HD
    HP 9339 Dual Core 2gig Memory, 200 Gig HD, 17 Wide Display

    Free NAS Server Software works great with GBPVR 100mb connecton
    www.freenas.org


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •