Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which NMT?

I would love to see an Android version as well. I bought my wife the Logitech Revue google tv box. She watches all her Thai TV on it. I rarely get a chance to use the TV. There was a hack for it before upgrading to the latest android version. So it is wide open. It is doing pretty good at being able to play just about any video I throw at it since the upgrade. Just has trouble with flash based media. And there is talk of vlc media player being supported. Hopefully it is more than just talk. The keyboard controller for this box is really nice.
    GB-PVR 1.4.7, SilconDust HDhomerun Dual Tuner, AMD Phenom 2.6ghz? on Gigabit motherboard with HDMI output, on a 50" Plasma. HD-PVR1212 as my third tuner. And lastly PVR-500 added 4/1/10 as my fourth, and fifth tuners.

What about the apple TV as a client? with XBMC on it already (when jail broken).

I'm just hoping the new one announced today will handle a 1080i video stream for our recorded content.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    I'm just hoping the new one announced today will handle a 1080i video stream for our recorded content.
    It is my impression that these don't support MPEG2 like the Rokus so some conversion might have to be done depending on your source (which makes these devices somewhat useless for me for OTA here in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    It is my impression that these don't support MPEG2 like the Rokus so some conversion might have to be done depending on your source (which makes these devices somewhat useless for me for OTA here in the US).
    That doesn't bother me, the 1080i stream is h.264 here (DVB-T)
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

That doesn't bother me, the 1080i stream is h.264 here (DVB-T)
    Sounds like you have a lot of options over there, then. I'm jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot of options over there, then. I'm jealous...
    Lol, the only thing you get to be jealous of me for. Now go away and play with your netflix/hulu/google play/itunes. All things I can't get access to (ok iTunes yes, but it doesn't have tv, and only has out of copyright books).

Regarding the Revue it is dead and was never available here in Canada anyway so it's out, but it doesn't support mpeg2 ts files anyway. I am still following Android STB's but they are why behind the media extenders on the market in overall product support.

The ATV3 is finally interesting and I will likely get one if an untethered XBMC is possible with HD audio. I have good enough live tv support with my NMT's (and more than enough HDMI inputs) that I can swap when necessary, but if the ATV3 works I probably will personally focus more on XBMC PVR. I don't fully understand why anyone would want to replace a beautiful XBMC or Plex interface with NextPVR's.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Regarding the Revue it is dead and was never available here in Canada anyway so it's out, but it doesn't support mpeg2 ts files anyway. I am still following Android STB's but they are why behind the media extenders on the market in overall product support.

The ATV3 is finally interesting and I will likely get one if an untethered XBMC is possible with HD audio. I have good enough live tv support with my NMT's (and more than enough HDMI inputs) that I can swap when necessary, but if the ATV3 works I probably will personally focus more on XBMC PVR. I don't fully understand why anyone would want to replace a beautiful XBMC or Plex interface with NextPVR's.

Martin
    Are you going to get one when it comes out? I probably will, but would prefer to find out if it can play our 1080i first. Then it's a viable A100 replacement (to me)

Are you going to get one when it comes out? I probably will, but would prefer to find out if it can play our 1080i first. Then it's a viable A100 replacement (to me)
    No, not until XBMC runs perfectly with HD audio so I can compare it with other XBMC players. Apple even on the MAC's doesn't typically support mpeg2 video or even ps/ts formats making it useless for me and I don't see that changing.

Martin

Just got a PCH A-100 off of eBAY

Just grabbed a PCH A-100 with a 160GB HD for $62.00 this include shipping off of eBay been watching eBay for 4 months for a PCH that would work with NextPVR finally got one.
    Server Backend running Nextpvr 3.2.9 on Windows 7 64bit
    ASUS M4A785T-M AMD Quad Core 8GB Memory
    Internal SSD 250GB OS , w/2 SATA 3TB and 500GB

NAS
    Netgear Duo v2 with 3TB Raid 1
    NAS320 with 4TB Raid 1

Clients
    Zotac Mini ION PC Windows 7 64bit
    Acer Latpop AMD Quad core Windiows 64bit
    NMT Popcorn Hour A100 and A110
    NMT HDX 1000
    2014 Samsung Model H5500

Network
    16 Port GB Switch
    All Wireless AP running 11n only 2.4 and 5 mhz.