I must admit that I was a little surprised that until recently, there have been no requests for this plugin to be updated for NPVR. I figured that this meant either folks no longer use the plugin, or have delayed migrating to NPVR for other reasons.
Prior to my finding out about the Soundgraph API, I had updated ExternalDisplay for NPVR. Here is the installer file. I have not yet implemented the Soundgraph API. kindt-nick has a plugin here that uses the Soundgraph API.
This plugin might be useful for users of other displays that are not supported by kindt-nick's plugin.
To install this plugin:
I have ExternalDisplay working with iMon version 7.91.x. I found that I needed to copy SG_VFD.dll (version 5.1) from the older iMon software into the c:\program files\Soundgraph folder.
- download the new version below
- if you already have this plugin with GBPVR, make a backup of the xml configuration file in the GBPVR\plugins\ExternalDisplay folder if you have customised your message, and backup your LCDHype drivers.
- uninstall the old ExternalDisplay via the uninstaller
- install the new version. It will install into the NPVR program and data folders as defined in the registry.
- copy your backup xml file and LCDHype Driver to the NPVR\plugins\ExternalDisplay folder.
- run the ExternalDisplay configuration
- start NPVR
There are no real new features in this release other than the display of the current playback position, and the ability to extract .WMA metadata.
As usual, if there are problems, please post logs with debug and ExternalDisplay extensive logging enabled.