Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Duplicate recordings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    115

    Duplicate recordings

    Hi,

    Is there something in place to prevent duplicate recordings?
    And by duplicate recordings I mean one or more recordings at the exact same time of the exact same show on the same channel.
    I have a couple of different recurring recordings that ends up with 2 copies of the same recording...
    (And these recordings are not during the EPG update)
    Last edited by kendrak24; 2011-01-23 at 12:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,739
    nothing prevents it, but it shouldn't happen by itself. post all nrecord logs. hopefully these would show your last few automatic epg updats, as well as duplicate recordings occurring.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrak24 View Post
    I have a couple of different recurring recordings that ends up with 2 copies of the same recording...
    (And these recordings are not during the EPG update)
    Over the last week or so, I've noticed this happening a couple of times as well. I just found that on 1/18/2011, I got two copies of "The Good Wife". I've attached all of my logs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gjovik, Norway - PAL
    Posts
    5,486
    I'v been struggeling with the same problem for months, without finding any pattern. It occurs seemlingy random and there is no indication in my logs.

    "Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    I'v been struggeling with the same problem for months, without finding any pattern. It occurs seemlingy random and there is no indication in my logs.
    Actually, I think that I discovered part of the problem. It looks like I have 2 recurring recordings setup with similar titles: "The Good Wife" and "The Good Wife *". In this case, the show title was "The Good Wife *" which NPVR seems to be matching to both recurring recordings. That seems to be a problem.

    Plus, it seems to be a bug that it would schedule 2 separate recording events for the same EPG entry.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,315
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    Actually, I think that I discovered part of the problem. It looks like I have 2 recurring recordings setup with similar titles: "The Good Wife" and "The Good Wife *". In this case, the show title was "The Good Wife *" which NPVR seems to be matching to both recurring recordings. That seems to be a problem.
    Yep, that'll give you duplicates.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gjovik, Norway - PAL
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yep, that'll give you duplicates.
    Now that thought struck me too, so I have double checked my recurring recordings, but there are not two identical entries. And it doesn't happend every time, just now ant then, and just on "Medium".

    "Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yep, that'll give you duplicates.
    I have two (not manual) recurring recordings (same channel, day of week and time):
    CSI
    CSI NY
    Is that supposed to give me two recordings of whichever of the shows that is airing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,315
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrak24 View Post
    I have two (not manual) recurring recordings (same channel, day of week and time):
    CSI
    CSI NY
    Is that supposed to give me two recordings of whichever of the shows that is airing?
    Yep, that could too.

    The initial releases of NPVR would only do an exact match (ie, "CSI" wouldnt match "CSI NY"), but serveral users requested it be changed to the same behaviour as GBPVR, where matching the beginning was enough. They wanted this because some EPG sources change the title for episodes (like "The Event: Power Play" might be one week, and "The Event: In the beginning" another).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,739
    The problem is that some of us DO want exact matching. For example, I have a recurring recording for "V". But now sometimes it records "Vista LA", yet groups it in with the "V" recordings. I don't completely understand why it doesn't record every show that begins with "V" (that would be a disaster), but nonetheless I wish it didn't do that at all.

    Perhaps you could make it an optional setting somewhere, for those of us whos EPG sources don't change the title but rather use the subtitle field for the episode name.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •