Thread: UltraXMLTV 2.1 - Episode numbers

UltraXMLTV 2.1 - Episode numbers

Why do some episode numbers for a show show as S06E10 and others show up for the same show as 610?

I've noticed that some shows are showing the episode numbers as expected while others either have the wrong format or seem to be missing.

I have looked at the XML file for the shows in question and they seem to have the correct information in the correct tags but the results seem to be in consistent.

Two shows that I'm currently looking at are Bones and Criminal Minds. For Bones, the episode for Jan. 22 is showing the episode number as S06E10 but the show listed for Jan. 28 is showing it as 610 (even though the xml says it's the 11th episode). Criminal Minds does not seem to be displaying any episode information for the show on Jan. 27.

Is it a problem with the XML files or with UltraXMLTV 2.1?

Let me know if you need the XML files or any other information.

When you see the numbers in incorrect format, Ultra is saying, I can't get Season and Episode numbers for that show, so I'll just use whatever's in the original xmltv file for a production code.

Some shows' production codes look so much like a season and episode number, it almost seems at your fingertips... so Ultra should be able to deal with it, right? The problem is that there are too many variances in production code formats tat Ultra can't even begin to start trying reading them and doing something with them.

I remember when I was coding this part a while ago.. there was a show/episode, where it's tvdb.com information xml was never available until the very day of showing. So Ultra would never have a chance to look it up and update the guide info. All it could do, so that we all have some indication as to order, was to use the production code if nothing better was discovered
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

I can understand the difficulties of trying to handle all of the different formats and sometimes the data is not available. But maybe I'm just confused by some of the data in the XML file.

If there is a <SeasonNumber> and <EpisodeNumber> (or <CombinedSeasonNumber> and <CombinedEpisodeNumber>) why wouldn't an episode not show any season/episode information?
    Criminal Minds has the following information in the XML file but no episode information is shown in GBPVR. (blank values and overview have been removed)
    Code:
      <Episode>
        <id>3472871</id>
        <Combined_episodenumber>13</Combined_episodenumber>
        <Combined_season>6</Combined_season>
        <EpisodeName>The Thirteenth Step</EpisodeName>
        <EpisodeNumber>13</EpisodeNumber>
        <FirstAired>2011-01-26</FirstAired>
        <Language>en</Language>
        <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
        <SeasonNumber>6</SeasonNumber>
        <lastupdated>1295061949</lastupdated>
        <seasonid>291421</seasonid>
        <seriesid>75710</seriesid>
      </Episode>
    Also, if there is a <SeasonNumber> and <EpisodeNumber> for a episode on one day and it's displayed as S06E10. And then the next episode also has a <SeasonNumber> and <EpisodeNumber>, why would it then display it as 610 when the value for the episode is 11? (blank values and overview have been removed)
    Code:
      <Episode>
        <id>3097861</id>
        <Combined_episodenumber>10</Combined_episodenumber>
        <EpImgFlag>2</EpImgFlag>
        <EpisodeName>The Body In The Bag</EpisodeName>
        <EpisodeNumber>10</EpisodeNumber>
        <FirstAired>2011-01-20</FirstAired>
        <Language>en</Language>
        <filename>episodes/75682/3097861.jpg</filename>
        <lastupdated>1295259012</lastupdated>
        <seasonid>274131</seasonid>
        <seriesid>75682</seriesid>
      </Episode>
      <Episode>
        <id>3012721</id>
        <Combined_episodenumber>11</Combined_episodenumber>
        <EpImgFlag>2</EpImgFlag>
        <EpisodeName>The Bullet In The Brain</EpisodeName>
        <EpisodeNumber>11</EpisodeNumber>
        <FirstAired>2011-01-27</FirstAired>
        </Overview>
        <filename>episodes/75682/3012721.jpg</filename>
        <lastupdated>1295259032</lastupdated>
        <seasonid>274131</seasonid>
        <seriesid>75682</seriesid>
      </Episode>
    If the <SeasonNumber> and <EpisodeNumber> are available why wouldn't they be used?

I think I know what you're talking about. I'll need some time before I can dig into this
    Frank Z

I am seeing some trouble... yes... hang in there... I'm fixing it while I work on a couple of other things...
    Frank Z