Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiz Metadata Grabber - externalise from GBPVR

Wiz Metadata Grabber - externalise from GBPVR

Hi JavaWiz - not sure if you're still around.

But any chance that Wiz Metadata grabber could be externalised from gbpvr, as I like the xml file structure (the individual xml files per movie) but I'd like to run it on a different machine that doesn't have gbpvr.

I've been looking for a tool to create then xml files, and they all see to want to use a db. The closest I've got so far is media scout.
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

Have not had much time to program lately, but, that is an effort that I will probably undertake as I would like to move up to NPVR, but many of my tools work questionably in the new environment. Let me take a look and see how easy/quickly I can make it standalone.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Have not had much time to program lately, but, that is an effort that I will probably undertake as I would like to move up to NPVR, but many of my tools work questionably in the new environment. Let me take a look and see how easy/quickly I can make it standalone.
    Just an aside, most of the other media setups use .nfo files instead of .xml. Internally, they are pretty identical (xml data). NPVR seems to support both.

I'd also be delighted to see a stand-alone version.

Here is a quick first take on making WizMetadataGrabber standalone. Unfortunately, it was fairly dependent on GBPVR due to dependencies in WizWebHelper to GBPVR dlls and data locations. Here is a quick recap of what I did:
    - Created new WizWebHelperSO.dll, removed dependencies to GBPVR
    - Changed install to c:\Program Files\WizTools, this will keep separate from GBPVR/NPVR installations
    - Created own Start menu category
    - Removed ability to pull from IMDB, now it uses TheMovieDB

I've noticed alternate selections for TheMovieDB do not seem to work, for example, True Grit always returns the new movie, not the John Wayne version. I'll try to fix that some day....

There may have been a couple other items, but don't recall at the moment. Give it a try, let me know if works for you. As time allows, I'll clean it up a bit and post on the wiki.
    Last edited by JavaWiz; 2011-01-09 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added zip install
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Hi just tried it quickly. Started and is running.

So I'll see how it is at the end, but it looks like it chugging away.

Are there any terms that it ignores when looking up file names? stuff like xvid/ac3 and the year?
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

Oh, not sure what causes this, but got a System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\WizUtilities\vjslib.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\WizUtilities\vjslib.dll' error.

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Oh, not sure what causes this, but got a System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\WizUtilities\vjslib.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\WizUtilities\vjslib.dll' error.
    If you get an error message indicating : “vjslib.dll not found”, the WizWebHelper DLL function for TheTvDb.com requires the Microsoft Visual J# Version 2.0 Redistributable Package, which can be found here.

Are there any terms that it ignores when looking up file names? stuff like xvid/ac3 and the year?
    Didn't change the current logic in that area much, so pretty much what worked before should work now. There was an under-the-covers pattern matcher that removed some syntax and could be customized, but I took the base logic and patterns and hard-coded into this version. I'll probably add back customization in a future version.

awesome, thanks for what you've done!!

Nice!
    CPU: Core i3 530 @2.93GHz, Intel; _ RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, Corsair; _ MoBo: GA-H55M-D2H, Gigabyte
    HD: 64MB SSD Drive ; _ OS: Win 7 Ultimate x86, Microsoft
    Case: Fusion 430 Black, Antec; _ LCD Display: ODM/OEM LCD, iMON; _ Remote/ir-Blaster: MCE-Remote 2, Microsoft
    TV: 40" Full HD LCD, Samsung