Thread: SearchWizX2 and IMDB Information

SearchWizX2 and IMDB Information

Hi, I'm a pretty new user of GBPVR and have been tweaking and playing with plugins for the past couple of weeks. Anyway, from what I've read here on the forums, IMDB has changed their site completely so the 'scraping' that SearchWiz does for the program details is not working. I'm actually quite happy with SearchWiz otherwise and would like to figure out how I could have SearchWiz query MovieDB instead.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your time.

I've been missing the movie info in SearchWiz also. Although I don't have much time for coding anymore, your request prompted me to take a look at the problem. I think I have a new version that works with TheMovieDB, I need to do a little more testing, and I'll post a new version in this thread.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Give this version a try (v1.0.16.2)
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Thanks.

I'll definitely give this new version a try. Thanks for your response and for your efforts.

Hey Java,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried the version you posted above and so far it works great! The movie information at least, is showing up on the details popup from MovieDB. I can't thank you enough again for all your effort!

gteat, glad it's working for you.