Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing from GBPVR - how-to???

Importing from GBPVR - how-to???

I am trying to import about 150 (mpg) recordings made by GBPVR into NPVR
    The GBPVR recordings are in a separate directory, which is not the directory into which they were originally recorded, and not the NPVR recordings directory.
    I tried the following:
    Edit the addresses in the GPVR recordings dump file (which currently points to the wrong directory) to point to the directory where the recording now are
    Run import in NPVR
    Result 'no recordings imported'
    Put some of the recordings in the NPVR directory, and re-edited the the XML file
    Same result
    Put the new XML file in the NPVR data directory
    Same result
    Looked at the log files - nothing of interest
    Questions:
    Do the recordings to be imported have to be in the NPVR recordings directory?
    Is the format of the required XML file the same in NPVR as it was in GBPVR?
    Could the editor I used for the XML file (open office) be causing the problem?? It did seem to add quite a few statements about the author

Of course I have read the posts about importing on installation, but I don't really want to disturb a working installation of NPVR by playing around with the recordings directory

The recordings dont need to be in the NPVR recording directory. They can be anywhere.

It'll only try import recordings that exist at the location specified in the xml file, and only those that have the status 'READY'.

If you zip and attach the xml file, I'll check if the file is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by StevHodge View Post
    Could the editor I used for the XML file (open office) be causing the problem?? It did seem to add quite a few statements about the author
    You should never use anything other than Notepad to edit .xml or other textfiles for npvr, so yes, using OpenOffice might well be the problem.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

Thanks Gents.

I think it probably was the xml file. I edited it with editpad, ran the import, and NPVR said 'imported 88 recordings'

HOWEVER

the recordings don't show up in NPVR, even after a restart. I expect I am missing something obvious, but what??

zipped xml file attached

Steve Hodge

Thanks Gents.

I think it probably was the xml file. I edited it with editpad, ran the import, and NPVR said 'imported 88 recordings'

HOWEVER

the recordings don't show up in NPVR, even after a restart. I expect I am missing something obvious, but what??

zipped xml file attached

Steve Hodge
    There is no path to the filenames, how is npvr supposed to know where to find the files?

(new Norwegian saying)

Reddwarf

Here is the entry for the first 'READY' recording in the file. The 'filename' statement looks to be a complete address to me. Do I need a separate 'path' statement of some kind? if so what format? and where in the file? one for each entry?
    Quote:
    - <recording>
    <filename>F:\GBPVR-Recordings\Jeeves and Wooster\Jeeves and Wooster_20061202_08350940.mpg</filename>
    <channel>ITV3</channel>
    <status>READY</status>
    <startTime>2006-12-02 08:35:00</startTime>
    <endTime>2006-12-02 09:40:00</endTime>
    <title>Jeeves and Wooster</title>
    <subtitle>Episode 4</subtitle>
    <description>Comedy series based on PG Wodehouse's classic tales. The news that Lady Florence Craye is in danger of becoming available again, various threats of bodily harm from Stilton Cheesewright and being arrested during a raid on a nightclub, combine to make Bert</description>
    <uid />
    </recording>
    Steve

I was looking at your attached GBPVR.zip, the one you posted later looks ok to me. Did the last one fail to import too? Can you look through your .xml file wich you are trying to import, make sure all the paths and filenames are correct and post the log from trying to import it?

(new Norwegian saying)

The extract I posted before was from the same file. The first few entries in the file were for recurring recordings, which according to sub's post, would have been ignored.
    NPVr log attached. You can see that at 17.05 or so the system was not too happy. Can you tell me what it all means??

Whoops, uploaded a blank file i think. Replacement attached

The extract I posted before was from the same file. The first few entries in the file were for recurring recordings, which according to sub's post, would have been ignored.
    NPVr log attached. You can see that at 17.05 or so the system was not too happy. Can you tell me what it all means??
    Did you install the requered DirectX version mentioned in Tips-and-Tricks... There's also a lot of database errors, if installing DirectX does not help I'd suggest starting from scratch with an empty database.

(new Norwegian saying)