Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show art sources

Show art sources

How are people getting their show art? Is there some TV show image tool available or is it a Google search job?

I've been using JavaWiz's WizImageGrabber to get mine, along with MovieWiz. But I'm still using GBPVR.

But I know these places also have images:
    thetvdb.com
    themoviedb.com

There are several tv/movie managers which scan directories to get metadata but the SearchLite plugin is another option if you want to search manually. For items in your EPG it is relatively straightforward search for a portion of the show or movie and when selected it will try and get a poster from TVRage, TVDB or themoviedb For older/future items not in the EPG you would need to use an exact search.

Martin

Will give it a try.

If I wanted to go down the really manual route what's the best size for the images? They seem to be used in a few places (OSD, recordings, ?)

I consider this question more about assuring you have the right ratio most online images are ok, but fanart will vary. The images are re-sized and cached by NPVR too you will get the feel quickly. Disk space is cheap anyway, and it probably is not a good idea to try and save 100k on an image.

On the manual route if you like the look of some tv/movie managers some people like the look of adding the jewel box so there are programs like Starkcovers.

Also I should mention that re-sizing might be "odd" on PAL monitors. Do your testing on 16:9

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I consider this question more about assuring you have the right ratio most online images are ok, but fanart will vary. The images are re-sized and cached by NPVR too you will get the feel quickly. Disk space is cheap anyway, and it probably is not a good idea to try and save 100k on an image.
    So a 16:9 (aspect?) ratio is what's important?

Now quite the opposite (that would be a fanart background), they normally are around 2:3.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    For items in your EPG it is relatively straightforward search for a portion of the show or movie and when selected it will try and get a poster from TVRage, TVDB or themoviedb
    I've tried this out the the results seem good when I select the "Get cover" button.

Is there a way to hook in to this lookup from the command line or a plugin. My idea is to have a lookup performed on the update EPG bat or when a recording is finished.
    Last edited by McBainUK; 2011-12-29 at 02:35 PM.

My philosophy was more to get the art when you search to create the recording and I hadn't thought about doing a post update process but I would be concerned about it hanging, these sites are 100% reliable (think recent gbpvr.com)

I could also certainly allow other plugins make a call, and possibly do a command line option on nextpvr to scan for current recordings.

Martin

I am still using WizImageGrabber to load images into media\shows (using the ImageDir parameter in the updated version)
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...izImageGrabber

To accomplish this, I maintain the EPG into the old gbvr database as that is all that WizImageGrabber appears to support atm (unless I missed something)
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500