Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NPVR Homepage

Hybrid View

NPVR Homepage

Dear all,

as discussed from old thread here:

http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....421#post393421

I am looking to give the homepage for NPVR documentation everything good it deserves.

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/

At this point in time I really need to know if anyone has Horizontal scrolling issues with the way it displays. It should NOT have to scroll horizontally. If it does please let me know.

I would need to know

a) the browser and version you are displaying on
    b) the screen resolution of your display

Cheers

Steeb

I have horizontal scrolling issues. I'm using IE9 on desktop running at 1920x1200. Even with the browser maximised, the images are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I have horizontal scrolling issues. I'm using IE9 on desktop running at 1920x1200. Even with the browser maximised, the images are huge.
    Sub, to be a bore could you just give me a ctrl ++ of that screenshot and a ctrl -- just to see how it is behaving (I don't have IE9)

Steeb

I just tried Ctrl-- here. All the text, header, logo and left column got smaller, but the screenshots stayed the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I just tried Ctrl-- here. All the text, header, logo and left column got smaller, but the screenshots stayed the same size.
    Great, well sort of! That was my thinking. OK, suspect coding for pmwiki used on homepage not current. Investigation underway

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2010-11-03 at 12:52 PM.

Mhm, somehow i dislike the current appearance of the wiki. I have different sizes of the pictures and other textformatting, depending of the size of the browserwindow. See yourself:

The scaling of the pictures is, at least for me, annoying.

I entered the url on the validate site of w3c:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

There are 8 syntaxerrors and 1 missing thing.
    You like nPVR? Then please help pay the bills, and keep the project alive!

My happy NextPVR family

Frei nach Dieter Nuhr: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningDragon View Post
    Mhm, somehow i dislike the current appearance of the wiki. I have different sizes of the pictures and other textformatting, depending of the size of the browserwindow.
    Thank you so much, it is the screenshots that really help to see the issue. (Which browser?) As for w3c it is funny, if I do a usual website I always check w3c, however for some reason I thought not to parse wiki homepage through there! Hmmmm maybe I shouldn't do the homepage, there must be someone else out there better than me at this stuff?

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Thank you so much, it is the screenshots that really help to see the issue. (Which browser?)
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 (32-Bit)

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Hmmmm maybe I shouldn't do the homepage, there must be someone else out there better than me at this stuff?
    You make this already very good, i hope you don't want to giveup. oO I tried already a few times to built a homepage (even with helpingtools), but they all were... CRAP, TRASH, BAD... you know what i mean? ^^
    And w3c don't tell big errors on the wiki. Just a little replacement ("middle" instead "center") and this is really not a bad error.

Don't give up, your effort is great.
    You like nPVR? Then please help pay the bills, and keep the project alive!

My happy NextPVR family

Frei nach Dieter Nuhr: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.

Don't give up, your effort is great.
    Thank you, not going to give up, just going through a thinking phase! I want this homepage to do justice to NPVR. Of course being a 'hobby' it is hard to find the time to give this full attention

If only there were more hours in the day

Steeb

I entered the url on the validate site of w3c:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

There are 8 syntaxerrors and 1 missing thing.
    Should only be 3 output errors now and I think 1 of these is down to pmwiki and therefore unchangeable, but still looking!

thank you very much

keep me going

Steeb