Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: N-PVR v 1.5.33 & mvpmc npvr.dongle

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunninghill, UK
    Posts
    2,553
    Oh and this is my addendum here.

    I cannot understand why NPVR was not released, even in beta, with vaguely full Client support? Is that just me? This was the thing that MADE gb-pvr? No clients out of the box, for all of the brilliance and ease of set up that is npvr where were the clients?????? Feel free to delete that or move it to another thread

    Steeb

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21,703
    NPVR was released into beta from the beginning with NMT support and sub's position on MVP support is clear, although he did get it working well for playback of SD recording. PC client support was added in .28

    Martin

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunninghill, UK
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    You can't even tell me what the problem with LiveTV on the NMT is? Nothing I hate more than drive-by complaints.

    Martin
    Martin, 'tis not a drive by complaint. I have not had the chance to fully run up the NMT and test it with NPVR properly. Until I knew that the MVP's were not going to work with NPVR there was no point in giving the A110 a 'full' test!

    No complaint at all from me. I simply cannot switch to test my one NMT, which is in full use as our media server, in our Living Room, running GB-PVR apart from the odd occasion when Mrs Steeb decides to go out and play

    thank you so much once again for all you have done to extend GB-PVR and all you are doing to extend NPVR!

    Steeb

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunninghill, UK
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    NPVR was released into beta from the beginning with NMT support and sub's position on MVP support is clear, although he did get it working well for playback of SD recording. PC client support was added in .28

    Martin
    Yes all noted at the time by me. But I lived in hope (on the MVP's)! Having said that NMT support was not fully supported on 1st release (and still is not?) And PC client support was not issued 'out of the box' on 1st release but as you have said initially came with v1.28?

    But I hate to be pedantic, this is NOT what I mean. I still think NPVR is superb.

    Steeb

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,710
    Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    I cannot understand why NPVR was not released, even in beta, with vaguely full Client support? Is that just me? This was the thing that MADE gb-pvr? No clients out of the box, for all of the brilliance and ease of set up that is npvr where were the clients?????? Feel free to delete that or move it to another thread
    It did launch with client capabilities from day one. Initally this was for the NMT only, which is the most important client. PC client support was added soon after. I made it clear from the very beginning that MVP wouldnt not be a full client device in NPVR because it was too old and too limiting. It was going to hold the project back if I designed to it's limitations. This device was a good choice 8 years ago, when every one was using standard definition analog capture devices, but that type of setup has become increasingly rare over the years. I'd say there are very very few analog only setups left. They're not even made any more.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    4,293
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'd say there are very very few analog only setups left. They're not even made any more.
    As far as I and I guess a lot of the UK is concerned, the only way to record subscription TV (Sky) is with an analogue tuner from its RF or composite output.


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,710
    Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    As far as I and I guess a lot of the UK is concerned, the only way to record subscription TV (Sky) is with an analogue tuner from its RF or composite output.
    I'm not saying analog isnt still useful. NPVR certainly has analog capabilities. But.... the MVP was designed around old technologies from back when everything was analog, and it cant handle most of the stuff from the new digital world (which nearly everyone has in their setups these days), like transport streams, AC3, H.264, E-AC3, HE-AAC, HD MPEG2 etc. Having to build an additional program stream slipping/recording engine, just to support the MVP, just wasnt worth the effort (hundreds of hours), particularly when it would only support a very limited subset of channels available.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carterton, NZ
    Posts
    2,771
    I am totally confused now after this rave.

    I still have one MVP in limited daily use having replace two others with NMT's so I have been following development on this front with interest but I don't have the time to do my own tests right now & from what I had read I thought Martin had got the MVP side of things now working on NextPVR just about as good as it did on GB-PVR for everything but live TV, is that not the case?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,710
    I'm not the best person to give you comments on how well it works with NPVR. I havnt tried it in the last six month. From what I read, Martin definitely improved matters with providing TS playback via mvpmcx2, but I'm not sure what issues are remaining beyond that.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    I am totally confused now after this rave.

    I still have one MVP in limited daily use having replace two others with NMT's so I have been following development on this front with interest but I don't have the time to do my own tests right now & from what I had read I thought Martin had got the MVP side of things now working on NextPVR just about as good as it did on GB-PVR for everything but live TV, is that not the case?
    Jaggy I thought so too, it begin when I askded what I needed to look into http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....857#post394857 to me that is what beta is all about.

    Martin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •