Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the wiki!?

Hybrid View

What do you think of the wiki!?

Hi all! As you may have noticed some of us have been beavering away on the new wiki trying to document N-PVR and all it has to offer.

This is a shameless plug for it, and also a call out for any and all feedback regarding what could be changed, added or even removed. Comments regarding overall style and appearance are also on-topic.

http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage

Looking forward to seeing some helpful replies

maybe link the pics to full size pics? [to see the details better]
    and maybe add a pic of pch or mvp client interface..
    but looking good so far..

has he settled on Npvr for the name or might that still change eventually?
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

Quote Originally Posted by pBS View Post
    maybe link the pics to full size pics?
    Some screenshots link to larger images, were there particular ones you had in mind?

and maybe add a pic of pch or mvp client interface..
    I don't have either of these - I assumed it just shows the same that's on a monitor/TV with a less animation?

has he settled on Npvr for the name or might that still change eventually?
    Name is still undecided I think.

well, all of them would be good to have large versions, details of season recording options are good to see, as well as the info seen on recordings screens/vid lib.
    gotta make the bling features easily visible... maybe even just a cropping to just dialog box for season record, etc.
    since page already scrolls, i don't mind a touch bigger, more readable pics..
    4:3 shots would show more in less space..[allowing larger pics, not so wide]

for pch i just thought to show that it *has* the same interface is the point...most assume it'll be different/not as good..
    but how to show that without just showing another menu shot? hmmm...[are there any screens that look different on pch than regular interface?]

i hope he finalizes the name soon, before too much needs to be updated..
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

well, all of them would be good to have large versions, details of season recording options are good to see, as well as the info seen on recordings screens/vid lib.
    gotta make the bling features easily visible... maybe even just a cropping to just dialog box for season record, etc.
    since page already scrolls, i don't mind a touch bigger, more readable pics..
    4:3 shots would show more in less space..[allowing larger pics, not so wide]
    This is good info! We were working with a wiki recipe that would have hopefully sorted all of this, multiple thumbnails in a gallery, all clickable to bring up a large image in a shadowbox (therefore not having to naviagte away from the page) unfortunately at the moment that recipe is not cooking for us! Out of interest what screen resolution do you run at? All down to pre-defined size of the large image as it were. They can be scaled within a table as in new wiki homepage images are. Maybe for now this would be a workable solution somehow?

for pch i just thought to show that it *has* the same interface is the point...most assume it'll be different/not as good..
    but how to show that without just showing another menu shot? hmmm...[are there any screens that look different on pch than regular interface?
    Hmmm interesting one this I have a PCH and MVP's, all 'look' the same to me How to demonstrate.....

i hope he finalizes the name soon, before too much needs to be updated..
    Hope this does get sorted soon, some stuff is being held back on the wiki until this is sorted as all extra work if it needs to be gone back through and changed

Steeb

i'm actually running pc on my old tv, 32" 1366x768 widescreen...
    yea, i liked the beta-wiki screens i saw a while back with the popups..
    i was thinking sized like the first pic would do fine..you can read the finer details..

and maybe just have the pch screen be one to show one of the other features, like pic library or something, kill 2 birds w/one stone by calling it a pch screen but showing a feature not already shown...
    [eliminating need for 1 screenshot above]

oh and just the one paused tv screen, don't need livetv screen as it's the same pretty much..
    Last edited by pBS; 2010-10-08 at 04:57 AM.

oh and just the one paused tv screen, don't need livetv screen as it's the same pretty much..
    The reason this was done this way was it seemed like a good place to compare full screen and windowed modes side by side, but maybe this is labouring the point? As long as the 2 views are shown at some juncture on the main page?

cheers

Steeb

Really like the layout, good work, but I have a suggestion.

You must have the worlds widest screen :-)
    Most people are used to scrolling down, but so much not sideways (and also down), so I'd suggest make it i skinny and longer?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    You must have the worlds widest screen :-)
    Most people are used to scrolling down, but so much not sideways (and also down), so I'd suggest make it i skinny and longer? k.
    Where are you getting sideways scrolling??
    I have just been through a large number of the screens & haven't once seen any views that I need scroll sideways for & my monitor is only an old 4x3 set at 1024x768.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    Where are you getting sideways scrolling??
    I have just been through a large number of the screens & haven't once seen any views that I need scroll sideways for & my monitor is only an old 4x3 set at 1024x768.
    Oooops ...Sorry, that's at work. I realised they are still using IE6. At home with IE8 it's fine!
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.