View Poll Results: How should the keyboard / remote control reference be structured

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • One global page with sections for each screen

6 85.71%
  • A section on each screen's page

1 14.29%

Thread: Keyboard / R/C shortcuts info on wiki

Keyboard / R/C shortcuts info on wiki

As the weather has been s*#t today I've been working in the wiki. I've a question to throw out to you guys:

Should the keyboard / remote control reference be on one page or should each screen's page have it's own Keyboard reference section?

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M...boardReference
    or
    http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...al.Music#toc10

Both. If both is not an option, then it should be on one page; the individual page for each screen should have a link back to the proper section of the main keyboard/remote page.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.3.8/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/TimeWarner QAM, OTA ATSC (if I ever get my antenna working right again)/Schedules Direct

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Both. If both is not an option, then it should be on one page; the individual page for each screen should have a link back to the proper section of the main keyboard/remote page.
    +1

+2

+3

Combination of the 2? Using the pagelist pmwiki call? Put Keyboard/Reference as a group as opposed to being in the group manual?

[Edit] Still not sure why alot of this stuff is under group 'manual' and not in relevant other groups. By creating the 'group' KeyB/RC etc this would also allow for any other Keyboard/RC details to be added as single pages in this group by any authors of plugins etc in the future on their pages and be able to be pulled onto these pages, also allows for configuration of individual pages for every screen of NPVR without having to edit the 'main' Keyboard/RC page. Or are you thinking to categorize these pages with a similar effect? [End Edit]
    Last edited by steeb; 2010-09-30 at 01:35 AM.